5 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2016 4:42 PM by phctourist RSS

Marriott Boston Copley Place - Review

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just stayed 3 nights at Marriott Copley Place in Boston for a conference at the Westin across the street. 

PROS:

Good CL with excellent staff who were extremely friendly and helpful

Great location connected to Copley Place Mall and near Back Bay attractions and T stop

Indoor swimming pool

Housekeeping was efficient and friendly

Staff throughout the hotel seemed genuine and happy to be of service

Nice views from rooms

Representative of the Marriott flagship brand FS hotels

CONS:

Expensive - I paid $409 on Wed., then $449 on Thurs. and Fri. for a standard room

CL was very, very crowded although there were seating areas outside the CL which helped

Amenities in lobby were insufficient for crowd (cookies and water seems to be constantly running out)

Check in was kind of slow even though I used mobile check in

Weird elevator system (similar to Marquis NY)

A bit dated and probably needs an update/refresh - kind of dowdy and blah

Rooms and lobby are nothing special and really have no character - could be in any hotel anywhere (contrast Fairmont Copley down the street which is loaded with charm and style)

Lobby restaurant and bar were small and didn't really seem very interesting or nice for a hotel this size (contrast OAK Bar at Fairmont down the street which is a destination in and of itself)

I only stayed here for the location and the CL.  I've stayed at Omni Parker House, Fairmont Copley and the Langham on prior Boston trips, and all of those are better properties if you're looking for a local Boston experience, old world (ok, older part of the new world) charm, and luxury.  Of course the Fairmont and Langham are probably more in the RC league than comparable to a Marriott, so perhaps not fair to compare them.

This place was not bad, though.  Service was excellent.  The property itself, though, really didn't seem special.  Just another Marriott in a big city.  Could have been Metro Center DC or City Center Minneapolis.  They are all kind of the same.   I guess some people like that type of brand consistency.  Next time I might try the RC.   It was only $20 more a night, but of course no club lounge access for us mere Marriott mortals! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Boston Marriott Copley Place
  • Re: Marriott Boston Copley Place - Review
    mustanggt Platinum

We just stayed at the Marriott Boston Copley Place for one night on Wednesday May11th for leisure.  We booked in advance and paid $348 and were upgraded to a suite on the 35th floor.  We had a delightful time.  When we went to the CL it was not at all crowded.  There is a terrific sports bar in the lobby with more tv's than a Buffalo Wild Wings.  The hotel is connected to the Copley and Prudential Malls with dozens of shops and restaurants to choose from.  We like this hotel better than the nearby Westin and Copley Plaza, and look forward to our next visit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mustanggt, I am glad to hear you liked the sports bar.  I thought it looked completely unremarkable.  Will give another look if I return. 

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Have stayed here several times over the years, and I agree that the hotel is OK but for the price not overly impressive. I have yet to be upgraded and have only been to the club once.

Unless it is close to where you want or need to be, I would choose a different Marriott property when in Boston.

UPDATE:  I have another Boston trip in June, and I was able to book RC for $385/night, whereas Marriott Copley Place was $550/night.  No CL access for me at RC, and it's a mile away from Copley Place where I need to be.  But I'm going to give it a try nonetheless.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I agree about the elevator system and the prices.

I was there when the hotel was packed (two weeks after Marathon bombing) and the place was overloaded with people from CNN and other news outlets.  Nevertheless, the CL was not  overly crowded.  We were upgraded to a large room with a spectacular view, but did not get a suite.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...