11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2016 2:00 AM by alammari RSS

A missing stay

alammari Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had a unpleasant stay in one of Marriott's hotel recently, unfortunately that poor experience did not end there, the points were not transferred to my account and the night was not counted as well.

I have submitted a form few days ago and sent Marriott an email, however I received no response and the points were not added, it has been over 2 weeks since my check out date and nothing has been done.

strangely as I was looking for a hotel on the website a chat was proposed which I accepted, after experience situation the person I chatted with said he cant assist me and I need to call Marriott rewards, I informed the gentlemen it will be a international call for me and he gave me a number that is not in my country, when I replied that that number will still be an international call the connection "suddenly" lost (from his side and not mine)

any suggestion? and why do I only experience missing stays with Marriott and not with other loyalty programmes?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A missing stay
    Platinum

I'd strongly recommend contacting one of the community managers on this site. They really will help you. They are listed to the right on the front page. You can send them a direct message via this site. If you have trouble - respond to this post and I'll try to help you out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I submitted a missing stay on april 28 and the points didnt get added until two days ago may 12. I believe it does say it may take upto 10days (im assuming business day because thats how long mine took). I have submitted one before and it also took that long. Theres no confirmation or anything when you submit a form so all you can do is wait.

alammari Platinum

Thats exactly my issue jm1991, I did not receive any confirmation which leaves me in doubts have I done it yet or did it even go through?! I sometimes get busy with work and life and forget and with ink few days if nothing happen I will probably just forget about it and will only remember when it's to late.

peymanagement Platinum

There seems to be something wrong with the timeliness and accuracy of points credits for international trips (outside US/Can. There have been a few posts on here recently. I also have one that still has not posted two weeks later.

mustanggt Platinum

I had a missing stay in the US on April 10th.  I waited 10 days and filed a missing stay report.  After waiting another 10 business days and hearing nothing I then had an online chat.  That chat resulted in an adjustment being made to my account that was incorrect, which then resulted in me making 3 phone calls to finally get the issue resolved on May12th.  I don't know why crediting points to someones account needs to be so difficult.  It sure is a big waste of time on the part of Marriott associates that need to deal with the problems (that occur at the hotel level?) and the customers.  Marriott should work to tighten things up before they merge in the Starwoods program.

alammari Platinum

when I send an email or requested something through chat with Marriott they seem to happily do it but it just takes them so long to replay to an email! there are some loyalty programmes where they literally replay within 2 hours of sending an email and it was not a coincidence because it happened to me several time, I hope the same thing will happen here with Marriott.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I'd be happy to help you with this alammari! Just send me a private message with your Rewards number, the property name and the dates you stayed.

joshuapath Platinum

In the past full year, I have ben regularly staying in certain Marriott/Courtyard hotels and had no problem in seeing my credits and nights accrued to my rewards account. However, since staying in the hotel(located in Dubai) I am staying in now(about once every month since January, and staying around 2~3 weeks at a time), I have not once seen that the credit had been accounted to my account, properly, hence, am having to go through 10 days of first wait, then request a missng stay(another 10 days wait), and as it still was not accounted had to come to this Marriott insiders site and reach out for help, each time, and I mean each time without exception.

This really is wholly waste of time and don't really seem to be improved/rectified.

I had made a stay of April 11~26, last month, and again I am in the process of trying to get this credited to my account, and at the same time, I have already checked in again for another stay which started May 9.

This problem really needs to be rectified...

Lindseyh, can you assist me this time?

alammari Platinum

in your case having so many separated stays and not credited to your account you should have 1 or 2 from Marriott staff where you can contact directly after waiting the normal 10 days for the nights and points to be credited to your account when that doesn't happen then contact that person directly rather than waiting another 10 or 20 days where by then you have forgotten about that stay.

best of look hope you update us on this issue, maybe we should have a section for missing stays here so we can address the issue and then it can be solved swiftly and quickly.

loftus Platinum

I just want to share my experience stay in Courtyard Ginza Tokyo.  On Mar 2016, I want to book a twin bed room from 27-30 3nights.  On the web site of Marriott, there have no room shown available, then I call to hotline, same as result.  So I final call direct to Hotel Ginza, they said only double room was available and no twin bed room too. After that, I try to search on the other booking web site in Japan base and found that there have twin bed room available on that period (this is very surprising)  , then I made a booking and indicate paid on hotel.  When I check-in, I ask front desk can I get the rewards from this booking, she said yes if I paid there (maybe, we have some mistake with the communication, cause I am gold member, I think she heard the rewards which I said was the meaning of the free breakfast and free wifi, I don't know).  After two weeks from my trip, I can't see any rewards point credit for this stay, then I sent a missing stay request with the authorized Hotel Receipt.  Few days later, I got a email from Marriott said the receipt have some information missing and they will contact the hotel direct to verify and said will reply within 10 days.  Two week later, no reply.  Then I call direct to Rewards center in China, they request re-send the receipt to them.  Few days later, I got an email said because I reserved via third party agent, so no point rewards.

Actually, I understand it is fair if I booked and paid the room via third party, it should not be got any rewards.  But on my case, I don't understand why via all Marriott channel to reserve the room have not available but third party have room (the price is same as normal rate).  And I really paid direct to Marriott.

alammari Platinum

Hi Loftus,

Once the booking or reservation was made through a third party, that's it no points and no nights credited.

even if paid in the hotel, the reservation was booked via a third party and the third party would want their share, i double anything will change that but maybe one of the moderators here can help u and give u more details.

as for Marriott replaying to ur email, yes they are very slow, it takes them days and weeks to reply to a simple email, whereas other hotel loyalty programs replay within few days and some even within hours, with hilton there was more than one occasion where they literally replay to my email or request in less than an hour. Let's hope marriott improve this soon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...