5 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2016 12:45 PM by wesleywc RSS

How many of you travel with pets?

davesuminski Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Years ago the website allowed you to refine a search for pet friendly Hotels, they have now done away with this feature and you have to go through the list of Hotels and read each ones amenties.

Not sure how others feel , but this is tiresome, cumbersome and downright ridiculous.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
United States
  • Re: How many of you travel with pets?
    randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

But if you get familiar with the brands (e.g., Residence Inn) that do vs. those that typically don't, it gets pretty easy.  We traveled with a 75lb German Shepherd for about 4 years, many trips/nights per year, and never had a problem.  Occasionally we'd use other chains that Marriott, but again, it's pretty well known which ones do vs. don't.  I believe there is even a website for dog-friendly hotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

davesuminski Gold

Thanks Random, I have found over the past couple years, ones that used to accept pets anymore . The brands I'm also finding don't follow suit. They used to have on the old original website a refined search feature for pet friendly. I guess they are trying to discourage people with pets from staying there.... I've been a loyal Marriott Customer well over 18 years now , but their lack of true concern for all travelers is lacking. That's OK , I'll spend my money with other Brands

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi davesuminski.  There is still the option to search for pet friendly hotels.  Once you've made the initial search for the desired city and dates, on the right hand side you have the option to filter your search and "Pet friendly" is listed under amenities.  Pictured below:

pet friendly.png

Hopefully this helps!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It's not just for pet friendly hotels!  The Marriott web site could do much better with all sorts of search criteria.  My biggest complaint is the inability to enter multiple options at once, whether it is hotel brand, discount rates, or any other criteria. 

I'm not a big fan of IHG but their web site makes searching much easier.

Platinum 4 Reviews

True....IHG lets one search for all the different room rates (Gov't, AAA, Rewards, etc...) all at once including pets. Furthermore, IHG has the paw print on each hotels listing (indicating pet friendly) even if you forget to check pets allowed in the drop down menu.  They (IHG) offer the best search system IMO.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...