12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2016 4:09 PM by wanderin RSS

Missing Platinum gift points

williston Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

i recently checked my account and have at least six stays where my Platinum "gift" points have not been credited. I have contacted customer services and have either been ignored or told to "phone customer services and ask for a manager". Has anyone else noticed missing points and if so how did you get them credited. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing Platinum gift points
    Platinum

Wow - are you calling the elite line and getting this type of treatment or is from the normal line or mgr of hotel(s)?

You could also contact one of the community managers like carat or lindseyh here. You are not only entitled to the points, but technically, from $25 to $100 for each screw up. I have collected those $ 3 times in the past, but always took care of it while still staying, and the reason was that the staff didn't even OFFER the platinum welcome gift. They may fight you on it if they OFFERED the points/other option, but just didn't deliver, but you can point out that the terms and conditions say the benefit must be delivered.  Here are those details in case you're not aware of them (and believe me, many Marriott staff are not aware of this either:

First - here's the URL: Marriott Rewards® Terms and Conditions

Scroll down or seach for "Elite Benefits compensation"

Specifically see Item #7 below. Good luck - let me know how it turns out!

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift is available at all participating Marriott Hotel brands. If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies (see below):

BrandGuest Compensation*
    JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott
    Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels
    $100 USD
    Courtyard (U.S. & Canada),
    SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn
    $50 USD
    AC Hotels, Courtyard, Protea Hotels®$50 USD
    Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace
    Suites, Moxy Hotels
    $25 USD
    Marriott Vacation Club$100 USD
    EDITIONn/a

*Hotels outside the U.S. and Canada will pay the equivalent in their local currency.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

williston Platinum

Yes that's the "help" I received, not bad for someone with over 2000 nights with Marriott! Here is a sample of what I received!!

Good evening,

I'm very sorry for all the trouble. For assistance with this, please contact our Marriott Rewards team who will be happy to help you with this request @800-450-4442  or by email at: 
      member.updates@marriott.com

Their hours are:  M- F 7:15am - 8pm CST

Hi Colin,

I apologize for the inconveniences you have endured.  I would like to assist you to try and resolve these issues for you. I will need your confirmation numbers in regards to the locations you stayed in that have not applied your bonus points. I realize this maybe time consuming and I would like to apologize for that in advance. Once receive the requested information we will contact each hotel's leadership team. Jan Matan is not available at this time, if you prefer to speak with her, I can leave a message for her to contact you as soon as possible.

Hi Colin,

I completely understand your position. I apologize, if at any point it appeared I was not sympathetic to your concerns. I was trying to find the easiest way to assist in your request. I respectfully ask that you contact the Marriott Rewards Platinum line to assist further, there will need to be an audit completed to ensure all of the bonus Platinum gifts were received at the times of your stays. Each hotel will need to be contacted directly to ensure the bonus points were received and added to your account as it’s part of the service provided for our Platinum Members. I also would like to suggest that you request to speak with a Manager in the Rewards department in order to help expedite your request as soon as possible. The rewards department can be reached at 800-321-7396. The hours of operation are 07:15 AM- 8:00 PM CST.

I have also claimed the $100 a coupke of times in e last year when not offered the "gift" but in general I would just like Marriott to keep its promises and credit the points when they are due.  Thanks for the response.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for looping me in dansplan

williston, apologies for all the frustration this has caused!  I can totally understand where you are coming from and have reached out via direct message to discuss further. 

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

The compensation doesn't apply when they don't post your arrival gift points. It only applies to: being offered the gift at check in and failure to deliver a gift selected if they owe you one at the property. For example, the cheese and crackers and a beverage.  I think it should, but it doesn't. This has been debated many times on flyer talk. MR will get the points posted, but no $$. I usually will just submit the request via email. They have it in writing and you get a copy of your submitting via email. Its always worked for me.

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I am not surprised that your aren't getting the Platinum bonus points. I get asked if I want them almost every time, yet the actual crediting seems to be 50/50. When I check out I ask for them again (I always go to FD to check out and ask for Bonus points again. Yet still, 50/50. Collecting on the guarantee, all I can say is no way. I am denied every time I bring it up, at the hotel, on the call with the Plat line, no matter. I just track my account, call the plat line and ask for my points. Takes about 3 mins, and I shouldn't have to do this, but I do. It seems like the FD clerks aren't doing the proper coding upon check in or at check out. Doesn't seem to matter USA or international. Doesn't seem to matter if the FD is busy or it resembles a mausoleum with lack of human life being present (sorry, bad joke, I know). I don't know why its so difficult to get the bonus points, but I just keep checking and calling. Good luck on your quest for bonus points.

wanderin Platinum

Hi Folks,

Coming out of my "lurker  mode" to agree with OP.  Chasing points is getting old.

Today I was informed by Alexander with Plat Customer Service that they used to be able to

add missing points but that "corporate is now pushing back" and they (CS) have been directed

to give us contact information and we can call the particular hotel and ask for credit...or I can wait on hold

while they attempt to contact the hotel. I chose the former. 

the missing points I am referring to are arrival gift, weekend concierge closure and GoGreen. 

i shake my head, but I'll be darn if I'll say no big deal. i can be like a dog with a bone, Marriot! 

ramoneur Platinum

I have noticed a "surge" in missing stays/points as well lately;

I hate filling out these missing stay forms and having to chase my points/nights;

I am now partially choosing to stay at Marriotts for the points/stays;

if I need to continue to chase after them it will get bothersome very quickly

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

I saw this post and got worried as I normally don't look at my activity feed that often so went in and looked at all stays the past yea.  Happy to report that none of the Platinum gift points were missing but do understand the frustration that you are going through.  Our corporate travel website has some RI's that have a 2500 per day Marriott Rewards "Bonus" when you stay at that property and most of the times that I stayed there at that bonus rate, I needed to track the stays and always had to call or e-mail to get the points.  Marriott always came through and credited my account but we shouldn't have to do so to get what is due.

nationwide Platinum

I saw this post, and also grew a bit anxious as I don't frequently check to see that the bonus points hit for each stay.  I am happy to report that I just reviewed the last year and found no discrepancies for missing arrival bonuses.  I feel fortunate.

sash19 Platinum 1 Reviews

My issue hasn't been with my platinum gift points but rather my points for using "partners" such as flowers, etc.  I have used a flower delivery partner 3 times with no points ever being credited as far as I can tell.  I see my Hertz usage but nothing else.  Pretty sad given that was the main reason I used the partner.

wanderin Platinum

HI Folks,

I don't want to be one of "those" that complains  and then disappears.   I left a phone message with

the front office manager and she actually returned my call...and credited the account within minutes.

Our last stay recently wrapped up and, sadly, I had to chase points again.  Another call to same woman

and she was very apologetic and promised to not only credit points immediately but to flag account so it doesn't happen again.  I sure hope she's correct, if not I'll be back on that phone!

To counter all my whining, let me praise an unsung hero at the new (fairly) Courtyard in Gilbert, AZ.  Liz Greiner used

to manage the Residence Inn, Gilbert, until she received a promotion to the CY.  She is gracious, kind and, most impressive, sincere.  I wish her all the best and the Residence isn't the same since she left.  In case you're wondering, the hotel I've had to point chase is not the Residence. I always found RI, Gilbert to be timely and accurate with points.

Now, shall we talk American Airlines?  Just kidding.

wanderin Platinum

To add; I have never had a problem with welcome points...only concierge closed/breakfast points and

GO Green points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...