4 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2016 11:40 AM by AZDesertRat RSS

I just had a wonderful experience with Customer Service

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This afternoon I called customer service.

I had a simple question related to my MR rewards annual cert, which the rep answered quickly, I then asked about a missing stay which has been lingering for a couple of weeks. She checked the status and told me that it was still in reservation status from the hotel and added that this is not unusual for Europe. I found that comforting as the stay is kind of critical to the mega bonus and me keeping my status for 2017. Then she said something remarkable, "You seem to be missing some of you platinum bonus points, let me put you on hold for a minute." I was on hold for about 3 minutes and when she came back on, she said "Ok they are now all entered". I asked her where she was and she said Utah, I should have got her name but I forgot. When I signed back in she had found and credited 3,524 missing points, and one night stay credit for this year. Now I live pretty close to the edge on keeping my status each year and that one missing night stay could make a difference for me at the end of the year.

All the time she was very nice..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I just had a wonderful experience with Customer Service
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That's great to hear! Glad she was able to post your missing well-deserved points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

The Marriott folk are great - either chatting on line or call back with Utah or catching up with Cork. The only problem I keep having is that points allocations are often wrong and have to be chased and the poor team in Cork is completely overwhelmed. They have been taking 3+ weeks to respond to anything since late in 2015 and nobody in Marriott seems to be prepared to deal with the issue. I would be happy for guaranteed resolution within 10 days but presently that is just dreaming. Why doesn't Marriott do something after months of admitting things have been out of control ... and I'm a loyal fan!

ramoneur Platinum

nice to hear it when things go right ;-)

AZDesertRat Platinum

peymanagement  -  Thanks for sharing your good experience with us.  I have also had very positive results when I've called the Customer Service line, and recommend it to anyone before getting too steamed up about a problem.  I may need to contact them again soon, as credits to my account have not been posting as soon as normal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...