5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2016 4:18 PM by bejacob RSS

Topographic Map on Reverse Side of Marriott Folio?

olyerickson Member
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know what location is depicted on the topographic map on the flip side of our Marriott folios (aka our "bill")?

Thanks!

John

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Topographic Map on Reverse Side of Marriott Folio?
    Platinum

I think you need bejacob to weigh in on this - it sounds like another one for his list of most random posts   I always get PDF's of my folio emailed to me, so haven't been able to do the required in-depth research necessary. I'm sure someone will answer though - good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I think it's a great question. I'm going to pull out one of my recent folios and see if I can figure it out. If I don't I'm sure someone else will.

You're right dansplan, this is right up my alley.

GoldenBoy Platinum

Perhaps it's just a generic landmass???

shaunfromcolumbus,ohio Gold

Good question. You now have me wondering!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Well, I've spent some time looking over the topographic map and I have no idea where it could be. There are, however, a few hints. Without elevation lines, it's hard to know which are the high and low points. There are some pretty steep slopes, though. The dotted lines (which may represent trails) don't seem to follow the contours of the land making me think that this is not a real map (or that the trails were added to the map later to add character).

Another possibility is that this is not a topo map of a land mass at all, but an ocean map with contour lines showing water depth. In that case the dotted lines might indicate routes traveled by boats.

It would be nice to know if this is a real map and where it represents. Perhaps we'll never know.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...