6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2016 1:30 PM by carat RSS

Chase Marriott Card- qualify for 80K point bonus if account paid early?

walla Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

Waiting to hear back from Chase, but wanted to see your experience. I just got the Chase card with the 80k bonus if you spend $3k in 3 months. If I make credit card payments before the statement closing date do I still get the bonus for spend? The way my work does expenses (we have to submit weekly), the payment may hit before the statement closing date.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase Marriott Card- qualify for 80K point bonus if account paid early?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Paying your card early would not impact your Sign Up Bonus.  The important thing is to have valid charges within the specified period.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AZDesertRat Platinum

Yes.  It's the amount of spending with the card that is necessary, and the timing of payments is not important.  I just received the Marriott Rewards Signature Business card after responding to the 80,000 point bonus offer.  First credit card statement period was 3/15/16 to 4/3/16, with a new balance of $433.55.  Since I wanted to grab the bonus fast, I quickly used the card for everything.  The next statement (4/4/16 to 5/3/13) shows purchases of over $7,000.00 and payments (which I made early) of over $5,600.00.  In the rewards summary section, it shows a total of 88,265 points "transferred to Marriott," which includes the 80,000 new cardmember bonus and double points for spending on restaurants, office supply stores and telecom/phone service.  So, if anything, the early payments could have accelerated the bonus credit, but I don't think so.  I think it's the spending that does it.  Hope this is useful. 

walla Platinum

Thank you all! very useful information- love that I got a ton of answers before chase even had a chance to send me the "we have received your message" e-mail

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks vaboywnder and AZDesertRat!  You were both spot on!  Enrollment bonuses are awarded based on spending on the credit card and when the balance is paid off is not dependent on this.  After you've reached the $3,000 spending requirement, it can take up to 6-8 weeks for the bonus points to post to your account.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...