4 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2016 10:47 AM by carat RSS

Question about using points as a Platinum Elite

bradbryan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

My parents will be having their 50th wedding anniversary soon, and as a platinum elite member, I was wondering if I could gift them 3 nights somewhere?  I was planning on using my points to reserve the room and ask that the room be put under my dad's name.  Will Marriott allow this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question about using points as a Platinum Elite
    columbussig Platinum

I do this all the time with my wife, as the kids do travel sports.  We take turns or often are in 2 different cities on the same weekend.  Just add your parents name to the reservation when making it.

I have never had an issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You bet you can just as columbussig mentions, I've done it many times for my Son.  Just call the Platinum number on your card and away they go.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Absolutely can be done, I've just done it last weekend for my wife and daughters NYC trip in Autumn. Your sons name can only be placed on the reservation when initially booked and only by the Plat line, so you can't do it online. But it's a quick phone call and job done

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here, columbussig, IAHFLYR & brightlybob!  Thank you all!  bradbryan, hopefully this answers your question.  Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...