7 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2016 5:16 PM by tker RSS

48 Hour Plat Res Guarantee-More Difficult than ever

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Perhaps its coincidence, but I have had more and more instances come up of now availability well outside the 48 our window. For example, June 3rd, hotels around BWI airport. 4 of them show no avail. I should be getting the plat guarantee room. Last weekend, rooms at Baltimore Inner Harbor and National Harbor-same thing.

I could call and probably push the issue, but that's not how its supposed to work. Exceptions for a property to offer this guarantee are supposed to be very limited. Very.

Don't know what's going on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 48 Hour Plat Res Guarantee-More Difficult than ever
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think there's exemptions for special events when demand on local hotels are especially high. Of course since Marriott is a business brand that's when we need the guarantee the most, to stay in an area work has sent us to without regard for any local special event. Having said that it's rare to find myself excluded from all Marriotts in a given area due to the exemption which is granted pretty sparingly. I've had cause to use the guarantee many times. That and the Plat bonus points were the things I really missed when busted back to Gold. Really missed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I, too, have used the 48 hour guarantee in an emergency and am concerned that tker is having some issues with it.  I agree with Brightlybob - until I earned my lifetime platinum, what I missed most about missing platinum and going down to Gold were the bonus points and the guaranteed room. I'm sure that there are many others who may get a bit upset if tker's experience becomes the norm rather than an exception.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tker,

Platinum members are guaranteed room availability at any property worldwide for reservations booked 48 hours prior to arrival. Please note that Marriott Vacation Club and Grand Residence do not participate in this benefit. This benefit cannot be used in conjunction with stays booked at promotional, discount, or redemption rates. The reservation guarantee is valid only on the Platinum Elite member’s personal room. At Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites, the guarantee is valid for studio rooms only.

We apologize for the difficulty you've experienced in taking advantage of your Platinum Elite benefits. If you have problems in the future, please contact our dedicated Marriott Customer Care desk at 1-800-535-4028 for assistance.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

deannad  I recently contacted the Customer Care desk to seek help in reserving a room at the Delta Royal Canadian Lodge in Banff, Alberta, Canada.  The agent called the hotel and was told that they were completely sold out for the night I was requesting.  I have been checking daily to see if the night became available; however, there has not been a change.  Do you think this situation is one of the exemptions?

Its possible. However, Marriott Reservations should be able to tell you. That's what irritates me. I would push the issue if you are trying or the 48 Plat guarantee. Ask them why you aren't getting it and if an exception is in place. You should be getting the one room.

That is my understanding of the guarantee. However, I think the system is not giving me the room its supposed to be. As I said, rooms at BWI hotel on June 3rd aren't available at 4 properties. I find it unlikely due to an event. In the past, its indicated that one room only available. Suddenly, we need to call? That shouldn't be the system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...