10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2016 2:14 PM by monisame RSS

Lexington Hotel in NYC - a disappointment to others?

bostonla Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As Platinum Rewards and elite Vacation Club travelers, we are familiar with all the choices in Manhattan for a Marriott stay.  The Lexington has never been top of the list but it has been ON the list. (Higher on our list are the Algonquin, the Renaissance Times Sq, Renaisance 57 and Marriott East Side). But this Mother's Day/birthday weekend stay makes us wonder if others have had similar disappointing experiences that lead them to avoid the Lexington option.  (no early check-in with bag storage fees --and huge collection of bags!--  limited breakfast options, always crowded lobby, staff less helpful than at similar Marriott properties).  Is this just our experience or have others long since figured this out and crossed the Lexington off their NYC list?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New_york_city_ny; autograph_collection; Lexington
  • Re: Lexington Hotel in NYC - a disappointment to others?
    mustanggt Platinum

I've heard this from others as well.  That is why we chose the Algonquin last year instead, and we are happy we did.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

bostonla, I have heard lots of negative about the Lex, too.  I've been tempted to stay there because the rates are often very, very reasonable.  But I suppose that falls under the "you get what you pay for" category.  I've heard that the rooms are tiny and the service is terrible.  My regular NY hotels are Marriott Marquis (I don't particularly like this hotel, but the rooms are large and there is a good but crowded CL), Essex House (my favorite, but expensive), Grand Hyatt (client places me there, and it is fine but a bit dark in décor and natural light for my tastes), and Westin Times Square (very nice if you have to be in/near Times Square).

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

This is a very timely post for me as well.  I actually have a stay booked there for this December, but since I've come across so many complaints regarding the property I booked a stay at the brand new Ren NY Midtown as well, and may just keep that one instead.  Ironically, at the time of my stay, the Ren is ever so slightly cheaper for my one paid night and same price for the point redemption.  I too would like to try the Ren Time Square, but the rooms look a bit dated, unless you stay in one of the the newer Terrace rooms.

17530533 Platinum

I actually really enjoy this hotel.  I spent years, literally years, staying at the Marquis, Renaissance Times Square, and Marriott East Side.  I was not happy with any of them.  My new favorite Marriott in the city is the Lexington.  Are many of the rooms small?  Sure.  That's NYC.  But the hotel has a cool vibe and they go out of their way to treat me well as an Elite (Plat Premiere) guest.  Irina always emails me in advance and does what she can to ensure I get a nice room.  She even comes out to say hi when I arrive.  The bar is pleasant and they have a nice Elite Member reception each week.  No elevator lines and the AC works.

Give them a try!

Steve

bostonla Platinum 2 Reviews

Your experience actually makes me feel worse!  If the Lexington is providing this much customer service to you as a Platinum Elite but such a poor experience to me at the same loyalty level, it's clear that the Algonquin (where I'm welcomed back and often upgraded in my room) should be my future destination!  The Lex just doesn't have a service vibe (update since my earlier post: we had to ask at 6 pm to have the room made up after having the tag on the door to make it up from 11:45 am to 6 pm).

boomer Platinum

I stayed there once as the rate was good and it was close to where I needed to be for meetings.  I found the room to be a little too "hip" for me.  Sizewise was about average for NYC.  If the rate was decent and was close to my meetings I would stay again but would not go out of my way.

fishdancer Platinum 1 Reviews

We just stayed at the Lexington in NYC this past weekend.  It was not up to any Marriott standard.  We have previously stayed in the city in many different hotels, not always Marriott but within the brand,  Algonquin, Renaissance and the Marriott East Side....all of these would have been a better choice.  We were not using points - so were surprised at what we received for the cost.  No bathrobe in room, no 'TRUE' room service, super small room, no view, no concierge lounge, really bad breakfast buffet,  etc. The best thing about our visit was we did not spend much time at the hotel...we will not stay at this location again.

travelprincess Platinum 1 Reviews

There is a reason why it is usually the least expensive hotel choice.The decision you have to make is do you want to save the money. I have stayed at all of the hotels discussed and although the Lex is not my first choice it is a good choice if you are considering your budget. I had a problem on my last stay and the manager gave me free drink coupons so it eased the pain. If you are not happy best to let someone know so they have the opportunity to make it up to you.

2boyswhoplaybaseball Gold

For the lower prices, the Lexington is a very nice option in NYC. It is a clean, hip place to stay in a good location. I've stayed multiple times at the Marriott Marquis Times Square and the Grand Hyatt and both are very large and I felt like a number. At the Lex, I felt like I was at home. When I checked in, I was given two free drink coupons as well as a free in-room movie voucher. We also had access to free water bottles in the lobby. I, too, wish they had a private lounge but the hotel has done a decent job with the lobby space for breakfast. I will stay there again for work travel. If I'm with my family, I'll opt for a hotel with larger rooms (we stayed at the Marriott Marquis TS this summer and the room was great for a family of 4). Hope this helps. Don't give up on the Lexington!

monisame Platinum

The hotel is in the perfect location for walking to many attractions or getting on the subway.

We had a king sized bed which was so comfy, a large flat screen tv and large bathroom. The rooms were very clean and tidy. We also had a coffee machine in our room and a safe. We were allocated a gorgeous corner room on the 26th elite floor which had 2 windows over looking Midtown. That was a nice touch!!!

You have access to free tea, coffee and water 24/7 in the lobby.

Not great options for platinum members, they are offering breakfast in a really small place!!! only on week days.

Highly recommend Reinassance Midtown Hotel, of course you have to pay more, but this is a better choice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...