6 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2016 3:04 AM by tommo781 RSS

Marriott Rewards bogus email?

mrssu Member
Currently Being Moderated

So I receive an email from Marriott Rewards offering a stay at Marriott Leicester for £58 per night.  I ring up reservations and they don't have a clue and put me through to the hotel itself. Then the hotel don't know and put me through to reservations again. Who then say disregard the email there's no such price.  I said so why would send me an email like that he said he does that know and there's no way they can offer that price. I can post a screen shot of the email if you like. So what's the deal with these

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards bogus email?
    mrssu Member

Screenshot_20160506-203418.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi mrssu,

That is definitely frustrating, I'd like to see if our team has additional information surrounding this email offer.

Please send me a private message with your Rewards number and email address associated with your Rewards account, and I will send that and the screenshot to them.

Thank you.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I would guess that if you looked at the email address from which it came it might look similar to a Marriott email address but is in fact a fake.  You should immediately run some good scanning software.  Your computer could now be infected.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey mrssu! We look into this and found out the following that advertisements will display the lowest price that the hotel offers, however, that price is not always available. The hotel does offer rates starting from $58 GBP, but you typically have to book in advance to receive them. If your dates are flexible, you can call a Reservations agent and they can check for you which dates that rate may be available.

Also good to remember that Marriott offers discounts for AAA members or you can check to see if your corporation has negotiated a rate with the hotel as well. Many times there are lower rates for Marriott Rewards members using promo code M11.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if we can help answer any more questions.

mrssu Member

Hi Lindsey

Thank you for your reply. It makes more sense now how the email offer works but I did tell the reservation staff that could they help me find the dates which I could use this particular offer. Both people were were not willing to check. I was under the impression they would come up with a date that during the week or after 21 days. Instead they just told me the email didn't have a promo code so I shouldn't worry about it.

Anyway thank you for looking into it. Atleast I know it's not a fake email to lure showing me a much lower price and booking a much higher.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Good to know this wasn't a bogus email.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...