4 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2016 3:59 PM by homoviator RSS

Platinum Benefits at the AC Hotels?

sychosly Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Are there any Platinum/Elite benefits at the AC hotels? I will be traveling this summer with my wife and 20 month old in Italy and am wondering if it is worth staying at the AC Hotels.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits at the AC Hotels?
    homoviator Platinum

I'd say not really.  An yet, I like to use them a lot. 

So you can likely get a room upgrade but the size of the upgrade isn't very noticeable because they tend to be smaller to begin with.

Their breakfasts tend to be awesome, at least in Spain.

I've always been treated very nicely even before I was a platinum--I was gold last time I stayed there. 

I like their clean modernist lines. The hotels seem both bright and dark. That suits me well, but may not be for everybody.

Beds are always great and comfy.

I was an AC fan before they became Marriott.  I know there's some people that don't really like the ACs, but they serve my needs well. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for providing such a helpful answer, homoviator! To piggy-back off of that, Platinum members will still get the normal benefits that are associated with similar brands such as a Courtyard.  One difference is that The AC does not have a lounge.

Hope that helps!

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

I concur with homoviator, I stay at the Paris Porte Maillot frequently in fact 5 nights next week. They always treat me great and most always with an upgrade. Beds are great, very clean room, great gym, great location in Paris (for me anyway). True there is no complimentary breakfast and it's 250 point for Plats (welcome gift), awesome front desk staff. If other AC's are like this one, then I'm a believer...

JD

homoviator Platinum

And they do a freakishly good job remembering you year after year. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...