4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2016 12:03 AM by newyorkie400 RSS

Milan, Italy - AC Hotel Milano

sychosly Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning a trip to Italy this summer and our first stop is in Milan. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Milan. I was thinking of the AC Hotel Milano.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Milan, Italy
  • Re: Milan, Italy - AC Hotel Milano
    donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Boscolo Autograph collection is very cool.  Don't stay at Marriott, too outdated, location somewhat out of the way.  I have not stayed at AC Hotel. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

We have stayed at the Boscolo and found it fit the bill. Nice upgrade for Plats, breakfast included, no CL. The hotel is within walking distance to a number of museums, churches and restaurants. Also an easy train ride up to Lake Como for the day. We stayed on points and were treated exceptionally well.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

Boscolo

Milano Restaurants

Convivium- Via Ponte Vetero 21—Brera area, great

Obika=Via Mercado 28—Mozzarella Bar- also in Rome, Florence

Armani Café

Osteria La Carbonella Da Santo- nice quiet, family run,

Al Pont Du Ferr- on the River

Trussardi – by La Scala- nice bar, café, formal dining upstairs

Noon- bar, by Cadorna station

Important to remember, many of the bars, like Noon, and also Obika [which is restaurant] put out huge buffet at happy hour which are complimentary w/ a drink.  You could really dine off the buffet, but what would be the fun in that

newyorkie400 Gold 2 Reviews

I have stayed at the AC Milano on two occasions and found it very comfortable and convenient. This hotel is very conveniently situated walking distance to the main train station and the Milan subway and tram systems. This location is also very convenient if you are planning to travel to other cities, such as Florence or Venice, by Italy's terrific high speed trains. The AC Milano is in a non touristy area of the city which we enjoyed. They do not have a CL and provided only a small discount to us as Gold Elites off the price of the breakfast buffet. I think we were given complimentary consumption of the beverages in the room's mini bar. Nonetheless, this breakfast is well worth paying for if it not provided free to platinums or included in your room rate. The AC's treatment of MR elites is similar to that of Courtyards in the US.

As for dining, shopping for Italian wines and foods, and entertainment, I recommend Eataly.

It is walking distance from the AC.

I suggest booking online in advance tickets for viewing the da Vinci's The Last Supper.

The AC in Florence is also a nice place to stay if you are staying in Florence.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...