8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2016 10:52 PM by drlandrum RSS

Cruising From Sydney (2017)

drlandrum Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I've been to Europe many times and the Virgin Islands and Aruba several times.   I am planning a cruise for next April from Sydney Australia to include Noumea, Ile des Pins, Lautoka, Suva Fiji, Mystery Island and then back to Sydney.  

So my first question is has anyone visited this area in April?   How was the weather?   (I hear it's about 70F ish)

What should we absolutely see in this area of the world?  I'd appreciate any help.   Thank You!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cruising From Sydney (2017)
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Have never been but it sounds like a great Trip. I have talked to many who say once you get that far a trip to New Zealand is well worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

drlandrum Silver

Thanks jerryl!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was in Sydney in June and it was cold.  It was cold in October on another trip.  Once in April and the weather was nice.  New Zealand in nice but they have a lot of rain.

drlandrum Silver

This is very informative!   Thank you.   Seems like I chose the right month.

beaug Platinum

Hi DrLandrum

Greetings from Sydney!

Sydney in April, experiences fairly warm weather, you can still check out the beaches, bushwalks, harbour scenery and all outdoor attractions. Generally, theres not much rain during April either, so it's a good time to visit. There can be a few cooler days, but on the whole, you should be pretty happy with the weather.

Be sure to check out the Blue Mountains, its a 2 hour train from downtown Sydney. There's loads of things to do and see if you're happy to jump on a bus, ferry or train and escape the bussle of the downtown area.

Check out NSW Holidays & Accommodation, Things to Do, Attractions and Events for (www.visitnsw.com) for some local things to see and do.

Enjoy!

BeauG

drlandrum Silver

Thank you so much!   I really appreciate all of the information you provided!

drlee999 Platinum

Whatever the weather, we recommend staying at the Marriott at Circular Quay, which is where most cruises dock. It's about a block walk, and very convenient to the Opera House and the ferries to the zoo and other waterside attractions. The hotel is very nice, and gives you a great place to recover jet lag before embarking on your cruise.

drlandrum Silver

Wow, thank you!   Nice to know that's where most cruises dock!  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...