20 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2016 4:08 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Marriott gift cards 20% off

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott gift cards 20% off
    taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hmmm Anyone ever use this before? Is this Legit? Are there any problems using these eGift cards to pay for the actual room rate at checkout?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Does anyone know if you get MR points for the spend?

annew20 Gold

Just scored one e-GiftCard for $100 but forgot to change the quantity to two (max limit)!  Oh well.  I'm sure that these should work just like cash but I have never used one before.  You should still get points because it's just another form of payment & shouldn't affect getting points.  I used my Marriott credit card to pay so I'll get a few points there too.  Anyone else score an e-GiftCard from the Daily Getway?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

No, I meant would you get MR points for buying the gift card (10 pts/$ on Marriott spend and/or 5 pts/$ on c/c Marriott spend), not using the gift card.  I assume the answer is no, since it's not being purchased through Marriott. 

It sold out really quick!

sahil1989 Silver

What is the trick to buy them? 

I sat at my computer 5 minutes before they went on sale.  I kept hitting refresh and the second it came online to buy I hit the Buy Button and they were already gone!!!!!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Since the majority of folks are trying to purchase the larger amount gift cards ($500) your best chances are trying to purchase the smaller amount cards.  This year there was less cards up for sale and more people trying to purchase than in years past which made getting them more a challenge.

fistuk Platinum

Wow! that was a super fast sold out event!!

I couldn't get the $500 or $250 coupons, but was only able to purchase a couple of $100 ones.

After only 20 minutes everything was gone!!!

eyesee Platinum 2 Reviews

What is the trick for getting in to buy them?  I sat at my computer 3 minutes before they went on sale.  I kept hitting refresh and the second it came online to buy I hit the Buy Button and they were already gone!!!!!

Is there a trick to getting in faster?

I have waited a whole year for this.  It was marked in my calendar and I was anticipating it with determination to get a savings this year. How do you do  it?

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I didn't get in on it actually. I saw it on dansdeals.com as a twitter alert on my phone. I immediately shared it, figuring all of us insiders would want to know about it.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Login in at 1pm ET/7am HST, and nope!  All gone... Boo

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I was able to buy 2 $100 eGift Cards.  I started with the lowest valued card which had more available for purchase.  When receiving the message to either try again or select a lower value, I just kept hitting the Buy Now icon until I finally succeeded at about 1:06pm. 

Then I moved onto the next higher card and kept trying until it finally came back with the message that offer was completely sold out.  By that time, the highest valued card was already sold out.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I was able to purchase 2 of the $100 egift cards.  I tried in past years and never had any luck.  I watched the time on my phone and was ready to purchase at 12 o'clock sharp.  I think a lot of it is just luck, no real tricks.

The purchases are through the US Travel Association but are processed by Marriott. This was the first time I struck out in 3 years.  In the Past they offered a $1000 Gift Card in addition to the others.  This year the top gift card was $500 and there was not as many available which means they were all gone in a blink of an eye.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I was in a meeting and couldn't get online at 1pm.    I assumed these would sell out fast.

I got the links for my egift cards this morning.  I have printed them and "they are burning a hole in my pocket".  I guess I should save them for a summer stay.

Rub it in razorbackfan!  Ha...I'm kidding.  A couple of times I used Marriott gift cards in Canada and with the exchange rate it was like winning the lottery.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I didn't know about these.  How did all of you know?

Every year (usually spring/summer) the US Travel Association has various travel deals on purchasing Hotel points, gift cards, theme park tickets, and car rentals.  Each day for a four week period they feature a new deal and the promotion is called "Daily Getaways".  They published a calendar at the beginning of the promotion so you can preview the deals ahead of time.   jm1991 posted about this year's Daily Getaways here on Insiders: Daily Getaways 2016 and I posted about it in 2015 and 2014.  

Lots of Travel Bloggers including The Points Guy, Million Miles Secrets, Loyalty Lobby also blog about the promotion.  Marriott has participated each year with a discount on Gift Cards.  When they go on sale they usually sell out within a few minutes so when you learn of the promotion you have to mark your calendar and be ready to purchase at said time.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

This should teach me to sign in to the site more.  However, I never have the luck to catch a deal.

My 2 gift cards were burning such a hole in my pocket that I used them at the Renaissance in Baton Rouge, LA.  They accepted them with no problems at all.  If I don't get a formal request to review this lovely hotel, I will post one on Insiders because I highly recommend it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...