5 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2016 7:22 PM by omegaet RSS

Where Should I Stay? Miami/Ft Lauderdale Beach Front Points

stewartm Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello.  I am looking for suggestions for a beach front hotel in the greater Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. I am staying May 18-21 with points.  I have at least 150,000 points to spend.  I could also drive over to Marco Island but I am worried about construction on the resort.  Does any one have experience staying at these hotels with points.  Do any of them offer upgrades or freebies (parking/breakfast/drinks).  I am only a silver member.

Thanks for the help,

Theresa

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Marco Island, Florida, USA
Miami, Florida,
  • Re: Where Should I Stay? Miami/Ft Lauderdale Beach Front Points
    omegaet Platinum 8 Reviews

What do you want to do during your time in South Florida?  All the locations you mentioned are different and offer a variety of activities and sights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stewartm Silver

The first part of my vacation I'll be spending four nights in Key West. Then I will be finishing my my trip in South Florida.  I am looking to relax, spend time at the beach, eat good food and do touristy things. 

My personal choice would be

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb-fort-lauderdale-marriott-harbor-beach-resort-and-spa/

It's a Cat 8 and you may or may not wish to spend the points.  It actually has direct access to the beach (many properties are located across a road from a beach here in Florida). 

There are tons of fine restaurants in Fort Lauderdale, especially those located along Las Oals Blvd (a short distance from the hotel).

If you would like to experience the Everglades National Park, you can drive directly west on I-595 and visit https://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/ Yes, it's a touristy place, but it would give you an airboat experience and a slight taste of the Everglades.

When I have first time visitors to the area, I often suggest they consider spending some time on http://watertaxi.com/

......once again, a little 'touristy' but it does offer some great views of a number of magnificent waterfront living....you can buy an 'on' and 'off' ticket which allows you do some explorations and then continue your trip.

Maybe these ideas are of interest - maybe not!  Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will have fun!

stewartm Silver

Thanks for tips.  We are actually going to expend our trip in Key West.  The Saint in Key West very recently went live as an Autograph Collection hotel and will stay there for 3 nights.  It is a category 9, while not on the beach we will get to enjoy Key West longer. 

stewartm, I know the Saint Hotel (it's been there for years, but has been updated). You will certainly have ample 'touristy' options in Key West.  I think one of

Carnival Cruise ships stops in Key West on Mondays.....so the main part of the city is jammed with cruisers.  Lots of interesting restaurants.....we had lunch at http://www.louiesbackyard.com/ last Monday and it was excellent as usual.

Have a wonder time and please spend your money liberally; as residents we depend on tourism to allow us the avoidance of state income taxes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...