2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2010 7:53 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Locations with a Concierge Lounge

spadeleader Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a Premier Elite member for many reasons, but the #1 benefit I receive is access to the Concierge Lounge.  When I choose a location to stay, that is the first thing I look for. 

Why can't I get a list of locations (include Europe, Caribbean, Latin American, and Asia) of all the hotels with a concierge lounge?  Does this list exist and is it updated regularly?

If its not listed on the website (which is "hit or miss"), I was told the only way to truly verify whether a location has a concierge lounge is to call each hotel separately. Ugh.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Locations with a Concierge Lounge
    pltnmprincess Platinum

I too appreciate having a concierge lounge.  It would be really nice if it was an option on the hotel search page.  Under Amenities, you can search for hotels that have a fitness center, business center, room service, etc......why cant we search for one that has a concierge lounge?  It's not enough to search by brand as not all Marriott hotels have a lounge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Locations with a Concierge Lounge
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"I was told the only way to truly verify whether a location has a concierge lounge is to call each hotel separately."

Where have you been?  We must be sharing the same pair of shoes!  I was told the same.  Welcome to the Insiders Forum and 'thank you' for asking this question.

About a year ago, I suggested to Reservations that 'Concierge Lounge' be added to the information listed on the Downloadable Fact Sheet that appears on Marriott.com.  These Fact Sheets are very helpful, as number of rooms, suites and amenities a hotel has greatly influences my choice of stay.

Being 'solutions oriented,' the suggestion to centralize a list of Concierge Lounges by Region - perhaps in the Insiders Lobby works for me.   I fully agree with you, that someone needs to take ownership for ensuring that it is updated. 

Building upon that solution, what about adding 'Concierge Lounge' to the list of Amenities shown on Marriott.com's Advanced Search?  Surprisingly, it's not there already:

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy336/MemorableWeekends/AdvancedSearch.jpg

Above:  Screen capture of Marriott.com's Advanced Search function

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...