22 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2016 8:39 PM by lakelands RSS

Spring 2016 MegaBonus Part 3

tr07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know what the 3rd part of the MegaBonus is?  I have heard 1,000 points per night for each additional night but I want to clarify this before I schedule my upcoming travel.  Thanks for any responses.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring 2016 MegaBonus Part 3
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Yep. You are correct. after completing part 2 (at either 20 or 25 nights depending on which version you have) you'll get 1000 points for up to 5 additional nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

I just completed and maximized the Part 2 of the MegaBonus and the 3rd part is 1000 points per night up to an additional 5000 points total through 07/2016 as bejacob states..  In total the max you can get is 35,000 points and the Category 5 Certificate.

ramoneur Platinum

MB, part 1:

mb1.JPG

MB, part 2:

mb2.JPG

MB, part 3:

mb3.JPG

Platinum

Same set of bonuses here - all earned.

So, here's my big question. When does part 3 kick in?

My part 2 bonus was 15k points after 20 nights, plus extra 3k per night after (up to 25 nights). I just hit 20 nights last weekend. Should I now see part 3 or will that not show up until I reach 25 nights?

Looking at ramoneur's post, it looks like part 3, started for him on night 23. I know we're almost to the end of the promotion, but I have 5 nights booked (ending on 5/15). I'm expecting the 3k per nigh, but would be great if part 3 overlapped earning a few extra points.

Just curious.

Platinum

bejacob  -mine was available right after the 2nd one posted. I'd see if one of the community mgrs could do something to help expedite it so you don't miss out.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there bejacob,

Not all MegaBonus participants are solicited for a third offer. I have asked our team to look into this to clarify whether or not you can expect to receive a third offer. I'll get back to you via direct message to confirm.

Thanks!

Thanks AndrewT. Normally I'd wait a few days to see what happens, but I have 5 nights coming up starting tonight and it would be nice to get the extra 5k points if I'm eligible.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

It certainly would.

I received your direct message - thanks for sending!

saconners Gold 1 Reviews

Hmmm.... I only got a 2 part Mega Bonus.  A free night after 2 stays and which unlocked an additional 2500 points for

the next stay. Mine ended in April.  megabonus.png

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I ended up with only 1 free night certificate.  The Megabonus I was in was based upon a large number of nights and I really don't start my business travel in earnest for another month....

Oh well, I got a free night for doing what I would have been doing anyways....

In the end it is all good.....

jt15550 Platinum

I'm 40% in to the last phase towards 5,000 points, starting on May 4th or so.  I'm lucky I saw it, it was the last day to sign up.  Should knock that out next week and add to the night certificate and 30k points already earned.

lakelands Platinum

hi there still waiting for part 3 1am staying 30 nights in 2 propertys finish in 25/4

todzwif Platinum

I got part 1 and 2, but didn't see an opportunity for a third.  I've stayed 13 times in the last 90 days, surely I'd have qualified for something?

insertcoffee Platinum

This was over months ago. Not everyone got the same promotion.

Platinum

insertcoffee  - Yup - hard to get anyone to listen to spring issues when it's August. Before you know it it'll be Fall Megabonus time. I agree with what's been pointed out by the serious fact checking folks on this site: MR has more bonus nights available than anyone else in a given year just about every year. Even when it seems they are being stingy. Exception would be last year and maybe more when they skipped summer bonuses period. Was glad to see all of the cage rattling or *something* got their attention, and they reinstated. With tip of the hat to bejacob and brightlybob to name a few...

insertcoffee Platinum

Agreed dansplan. And with the economy steaming along, biz travelers back out filling planes and hotels, I appreciate the bonus opportunities there are. Wasn't sure if we'd get the summer promo or not, and while some lament its smaller scale, I'm happy to have the extra points in my Marriott 'wallet'--points which required no changes to plans I already had for stays.

And you're right-- we're just around the corner from seeing what Fall will bring. Hope my stars align properly this go-round. I seem to always have long stays during mega periods, or am in the wrong part of the world to take advantage.

Platinum

insertcoffee keep in mind that depending on your status level, it's often possible to call the elite line and have them switch the offer you've received to one of the others. Not guaranteed, but it's worked in the past for many

lakelands Platinum

i have been trying to get my 3rd bones from may last no help so far i was told to send a picture of they bonus which went off when the new one came in and then i didnt know how to do then sent everything into reward 3 months nothing i rang singapore they couldnt speke much english told me to ring usa joined the new megabounesgot print out this time 3 weeks ago it doesnt show on my account tells me there is no mega bonus yet i have print out where do i go for help?lakelands

insertcoffee Platinum

That's quite a sentence you've got there.

Perhaps carat AndrewT or one of the other mods will assist you.

I can't really understand what you wrote. Try calling US CSR during their business hours.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for tagging us in, insertcoffee

lakelands, I know this has been rather frustrating for you. I've provided all of the necessary contact information for our Customer Support teams via direct message and encourage you to reach out to them.  Since there is a discrepancy in what our systems have you listed as registered for in the Spring MegaBonus and what you are saying you were offered, we would need to see a copy of the offer you were given to award eligible credit.  Again, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.  Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

lakelands Platinum

i have book the new megabounus have printed it out this time and still does not come up on my account 3 time i did it and it said you are already activated same as my ritzcarlton 10 stays it doesnt show up on account can you tell me why thank you lakelands

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...