4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2016 8:57 AM by carat RSS

E-Certificate Question

jtpc Gold
Currently Being Moderated

The e-certificate I earned from the Spring MegaBonus promotion has had a status of ordered for close to a month now. I realize it would take some time to process e-certificates earned in a promotion from many MR members worldwide, but how long do they usually take to fill? The category 5 property I'm planning on using it at in a few months is filling up. Not sure if it's still possible to make the reservation now without an e-certificate number attached, but maybe the e-certificate number would attach itself to the reservation once it's been assigned? Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: E-Certificate Question
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

well for me once it was in  my acct I made a reservation using points and when it came time to book  it asked if I wanted to use the certificate which I did

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

jtpc,

You don't need an e-certificate number to make your reservation.  As long as you see the certificate in your Marriott Rewards account it can be attached to a reservation and then sent electronically to the hotel your staying at.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think "ordered" means the cert is in your account, so if you find a cat 1-5 you like the look of, go to reserve it for 1 night and the webpage should offer you 2 redemption choices, either your cert or points, and should default to your cert. Choose the cert, confirm and you're done! I've used mine towards TIPPLE in September, saving nearly $400 on my Wednesday arrival night!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here, thanks Insiders jerryl, vaboywnder and brightlybob!  Here to share some official knowledge. Unused Rewards Certificates may be redeemed as e-certificates for free nights when booking an online Rewards Redemption reservation.  Select Use Rewards Points when searching for availability.  The following request for information will then display during the payment process.  Select to attach the e-certificate and the free night redemption will be made automatically for you.  The box will look something like:

unused certificates.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...