7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2016 8:31 PM by tommy_gunn RSS

JW Mattress - Who is the manufacturer?

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

We just stayed at the JW Marriott Mall of America (Bloomington, MN not Minneapolis )

My wife and I really enjoyed this new mattress.  I went to the https://www.curatedbyjw.com/product.aspx?mattress-box-spring-set website to look at making a purchase.  However, we are utterly turned off by the NO return policy.  That is unacceptable these days.   As such, I am curious if anyone knows the manufacturer and model.  That way we can pick it up locally and try it out for a longer period of time to ensure it is what we want.

I see some posts saying it is made by Jamison (looks like regular marriott bed - Not JW) others by Simmons Beauty Rest Hyde Park collection (which I cannot find online).

I don't mind the price but if I am going to spend that much I want to ensure it is what we want.

Best

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
JW Marriott Mall of America
  • Re: JW Mattress - Who is the manufacturer?
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi greenit,

We're so glad to hear that you liked your bed so much during your stay at the JW that you're considering purchasing one! We have asked our team about the manufacturer's information, and will let you know once we hear back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Jamison - as posted in previous sites:  Jamison Bedding | We Make Sleep Different

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews

Marriott Bed != JW Marriott Bed

The JW Marriott Bed is NOT memory foam so it is not the Jamison bed.  Unless the pictures on their website and descriptions don't match the Curated by JW website (which is possible)

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Neither is the Marriott bed -- it's natural, talalay foam rubber, not memory foam. You may want to go back and re-read those posts in the other thread.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Of course, there may now be a Marriott "memory-type" bed. (I pray I'll never find one in my room.) The Marriott bed most on here descibe is not [shudder] memory foam.

tommy_gunn Gold

I've stayed at the Marriott Marquis in SF a few times, most recently Feb, and decided after this last visit to buy the bed they use. In fact the entire mattress and bed set. Not cheap but when the wife says she loves the bed, sleeps best in it, and cannot live with out it, you buy it.

We used the Shop Marriott site they refer you to, which is a third party company representing/selling their branded beds. The Marquis bed is a Simmons Beautyrest Hyde Park Recharge Plush (pocketed coil spring with levels of foam). It appears most of the Marriott brand beds that I saw are Simmons. We got the mattress and all-white bed set for pretty decent cost, similar to what you find locally, and bought it when there was a 20% off sale.

I'd recommend it 5 stars

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...