3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2016 7:26 PM by pluto77 RSS

Question: 'in the first X months from account opening'

rtotheichard Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hey there!

I applied and was approved for the Chase Marriott Rewards card two weeks ago. I've still not received my card, though I know Chase says it could take two weeks to receive.

I'm wanting to meet the spending requirement to receive the sign-up bonus, but was concerned since I hadn't received my card yet and the fine print says:

after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.

I've Googled a bit and haven't found any information, so I've a question for ya'll:

Does "account opening" mean from the time I was approved for the card, or from when the card is activated? I'm hoping the latter since that makes the most sense -- I can't spend money if I don't have the card, nor can I access my account without it.

Thanks for any help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question: 'in the first X months from account opening'
    droma Platinum

Hi,

Good job signing up for the card, it's a great value right now at 80,000 points (or 87,500 with an authorized user).  You will get three full billing cycles to spend the $3K after you receive your card.  That means if you receive your card on the 5th of May, and your cycle doesn't close until the 20th, you will actually get about 3.5 months to reach the spend requirement.

This timing may vary a bit, but you will always have 3 full months plus some amount of extra days from the time you receive your card.

Hope that makes sense!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question: 'in the first X months from account opening'
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

To be on the safe side, 3 months from the date the card is activated.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...