2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2010 1:21 PM by anadyr RSS

Hall of Shame Nominees

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, this list from Trip Advisor does not include any familiar names, and I intend to avoid them as well. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hall of Shame Nominees
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, I read that...until I got so depressed that I didn't want to read any more.  Doesn't exactly make you want to rush out and make a reservation, does it?  Not that I haven't encountered some cleanliness issues at Marriott over that years that I had to ask for correction about, but they were infrequent and not really major, and, also, attended to quickly.  I think what all of us tend to sometimes forget is that what I would call the "cleanliness threshold level" at Marriott properties is so high, that we kind of take it for granted.

Trip Advisor is an interesting place: I am never sure of the criteria they are using to rank the most popular resort/hotel in an area.  Sometines one finds among the top five properties a Ritz Carlton or a Four Seasons (hardly surprising), and other times one finds a Staybridge Suites, or its equivalent.  There has to be a "volume factor" among the criteria.  I look at the rankings, but I don't take them too seriously for my own travel plans.  The one exception to that is that sometimes I've found Trip Advisor postings helpful in identifying an over-rated property. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hall of Shame Nominees
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is a list that every hotelier should be required to read.  That is, assuming the facts have been verified independently.  I am always concerned that some folks are either making a false statement in these reviews because they have an ax to grind, or (hopefully not) they are competitors.

It would be nice if every allegation was backed up and independtly verified,

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...