8 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2016 9:02 AM by clebert RSS

What is your all time favorite property in the Marriott collection?

greattraveltime Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am currently planning my next big trip and was curious how insiders would respond to the following question. If you could only choose one all time favorite property in the Marriott collection, which one would it be and why? Please feel free to include any photos.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
United States
  • Re: What is your all time favorite property in the Marriott collection?
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It's got to be the Amsterdam, Marriott.  Very nice rooms, great staff, and the best CL ever!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

JWM in Bangkok. Really nice rooms. I always get a suite which is huge. Excellent lounge, Great breakfast buffet. And one of the best gym/spas I've ever used. Large, hot (very, very hot, just the way I like it) jacuzzi + steam room + sauna, massage availability.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Very interesting thread, greattraveltime!  Looking forward to what other Insiders have to say.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

greattraveltime, my all-time favorite is the Marriott Marco Island, FL, which is in the process of being converted to a JW.  It has great rooms, excellent service, good weather, fun restaurants, a spa, and a world-class beach.  There is a golf course nearby associated with the hotel as well.

Honorable mentions:

RC Amelia Island, FL

RC Naples Vanderbilt Beach, FL

RC Ft. Lauderdale

JW Essex House, NY

JW Chicago

JW Le Merigot, Santa Monica, CA

St. Kitts Beach Club

Marriott's Crystal Shores, Marco Island, FL 

The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas

The Mayflower, DC

greattraveltime Platinum

Thanks for your insight. My to do list is growing!

everydayischristmas! Silver

Thank you for your post about the Florida locations. I had heard that the area around Naples is wonderful.  Have you tried any of the ones with Spas there and have any preference in that area?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

everydayischristmas!, thanks for your comments re Hong Kong.  We are planning a visit and torn between the Ritz Carlton and the JW.  Spouse wants RC as it's in that super tall building and has such great views.  The JW looks great, too, and I've heard some say it's in a better location.

For Florida, the RC Naples beach resort has a great spa, and if you stay at the RC Naples golf resort, there is a shuttle that goes back and forth and you can use the spa at the beach resort.  The beach resort is a lot more expensive, so you can stay at the golf resort and use the beach amenities at the beach resort if you want to save some $$.  We stay at the beach resort as spouse does not want to be bothered with the shuttle   Also Marco Island Marriott has a very nice spa, and so do the RCs at Ft. Lauderdale and Amelia Island. 

everydayischristmas! Silver

I love the J.W. Marriott in Hong Kong.  I've been going there since the late nineties, and the staff stays the same year to year, and I have seen young bellmen advance up to administrative positions over the years.  It is WELL run.  Everything snaps with precision and excellence, and the staff are friendly and kind.

The Hotel sits atop Pacific Place, an upper end Mall on the Island side.  There is an MTR terminal in the basement, so any spot in Hong Kong or Kowloon is just a short hop away.  All the great restaurants of the mid-levels and island side are just minutes away, and everything is connected by elevated walkways if you want to walk.  There is a beautiful park just behind the J.W. -  you'll have to ask the bellman to point you to the quick way to access it, but it is lovely, and there is a tea museum there, and a nice teahouse.  My wife traveled with me one time while I was working, and she explored the coffee houses on the HK side.  (Hong Kong has had two recent winners of the International Barista Competition) That is a great way to force yourself to wander the back streets and see the local culture.

Visitors to the JW Hong Kong may find the rooms smaller than they are used to, but that is the nature of HK due to the high real estate, and you won't be in your room that much anyway.  They are cozy and comfortable with great bedding and nice bathrooms.  The concierge lounge has a lovely view of the harbor, as does the downstairs restaurant.

Anyhow, I recommend a visit to this location in Hong Kong.  It is worth a visit!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...