5 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2016 3:06 AM by miketindall RSS

Nights vs. Stays

brandon0626 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

I am working toward the Gold Elite Challenge...and I am wondering if nights is the same thing as stays? The reason I am asking is because I am earning nights because of the amount I am spending on my Marriott Rewards Credit Card and was curious as if this counts towards "stays"?

Thanks for any and all input!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nights vs. Stays
    ramoneur Platinum

stay is check-in/check-out, without checking in at the same day/place;

the work-around is hidden in above-discription: if you want to accumulate stays quickly, just hop from hotel A to B and back (if you're in a place/city with multiple Marriotts); this way you can make each night a "stay"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Nights earned on the credit card don't count towards a challenge only paid stays. The credit card nights count towards your yearly and lifetime status.

brandon0626 Gold

Thanks everyone for the help. Very much appreciated!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight here, Insiders!  Thank you, ramoneur and Guidedog613. Just wanted to add that a stay is considered all consecutive nights you personally stay at a participating hotel.

miketindall Member

Stays are any set of consecutive nights at a hotel. ("We stayed at the Marriott Marquis" is a stay.) The number of nights you were there is number of nights.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...