4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2016 12:34 PM by iahflyr RSS

Another Unofficial Marco Island Update

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Pics of the expansion at Crystal Shores (second pic is artist's rendition of completed project) and the renovation at Marco Island Marriott (soon to be a JW):

2016-04-25 19.01.55.jpg2016-04-25 19.48.52.jpg2016-04-25 19.47.31.jpg2016-04-25 19.30.08.jpg2016-04-25 19.32.11.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa
Marco Island, Florida, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Crystal Shores
  • Re: Another Unofficial Marco Island Update
    phillyflyer30 Platinum 1 Reviews

Marco Island Marriott is great.  Only wish from our kids was to add a bigger water slide.

On an aside, Mackle Park was probably the best community park I have been to.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks for the update. Are you staying at Crystal Shores? How is the construction impacting your stay? I will be there the first week of November. I am anxious to see what new pool and other resort facilities will be added. I decided to spend the extra points for an ocean front villa this trip because I assume it will be less impacted by the construction. This will be my second visit. Enjoy your trip.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

superchief1, no I haven't stayed at Crystal Shores during the construction, but I was snooping around the property checking it out during my last visit to Marco.  The construction site was quiet during the evening, so I don't expect you'd have any interruption or noise during the evening or in the night.  I imagine there is some construction noise during the day, but the construction isn't super close to the existing rooms or pools, and it didn't look too intrusive.  The new towers are between the existing towers and Collier Blvd.  If you are wanting a quiet relaxing time during the day by the pools (or at least by the south pool which is the more adult-ish one) I think there would likely be some construction noise.  I doubt the construction would bother you in the room since you've got one facing the ocean.  The views on those are spectacular and worth any extra $ or points.  Maybe by November the new towers will be enclosed and the construction will be inside rather than outside. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thank you for the update, was going to drive to Marco Island this past weekend when I was in Ft. Myers, but time got away from me and never made.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...