2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2016 4:51 PM by 702rugbyref RSS

Report from Behind Enemy Lines (HHonors) - Puerto Rico

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So, a bunch of us Insiders got status matches from Hilton HHonors.  I tried mine out in December at the Waldorf-Astoria "The Reach" resort in Key West and had a great experience.  I used it again this week at the Waldorf-Astoria El Conquistador in Fajardo, Puerto Rico.  Here is the scoop:

Benefits:

2 free breakfast buffets per night - price without this benefit was $29 per person

2 bottled waters

2 free drinks at any of the bars or restaurants on site, but limited to "house" wine/beer/spirits

20% off spa treatments

access to steam room, fitness center, etc., at spa which ordinarily has a charge (there is also a separate free fitness center apart from the spa)

Late check out

1000 HHonors points

Room upgrade - I  was upgraded from a first floor no-view room to a 3rd floor ocean view room

Free coffee in lobby

Half off certain fitness classes at spa

I wasn't paying for my room as I was there under someone else's reservation, but HHonors still gave me my benefits as MR typically does.

By the way, the front desk had business cards with the general manager's contact information, including email.  And the HHonors person gave me a card with her email.  But no email listed on the website that I could find.  I mention this as there's an Insiders thread discussing email info or lack thereof.  I spoke with the GM when he approached me in the lobby and asked if he could help me.

But my favorite thing about this resort was Palomino Island, a private island that the resort shuttles guests to and from at no additional charge.  It was a fantastic beach and more secluded, lush, and beautiful than Condado where the Marriott and Ren La Concha are located.

2016-04-28 07.48.18.jpg2016-04-28 07.19.19.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Puerto Rico
  • Re: Report from Behind Enemy Lines (HHonors) - Puerto Rico
    Platinum

wow - look at that - a hotel that provides an email address to contact. Seems if you search on this site, you'll find a bunch of folks arguing about how that can't be done.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Report from Behind Enemy Lines (HHonors) - Puerto Rico
    702rugbyref Platinum

I did the status match as well and have had great upgrades including the Ambassador Suite In Xi'an Hilton China 2 weeks ago, including 2 breakfast/day, bottle of wine, cheese, desserts, water  and access to executive lounge and personal concierge. Both my wife and I LOVED it!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...