15 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2016 1:27 PM by kharada46 RSS

New Mobile Key

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am in Charlotte NC right now at the Marriott City Center and tried the new Mobile Key which is now available for some locations. Just wanted to say I think it is great ! I still obtained a hard key but I left it at the gym by mistake and the Mobile Key worked perfectly ! If you get the chance, I highly recommend using the Mobil Key. Simple download after the check-in clerk sends you a link. Never have to worry about forgetting your key again. I hope this is rolled out to all hotels in the future. Once you have it installed, you simply press unlock and hold it up against your door lock (or the lock to the gym) and it opens. Great new service !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Mobile Key
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think both SPG and Hilton have been doing this for a while. I like the idea and am pretty sure it'll catch on...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What if you leave your phone in the gym?

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hahhaha IAHFLYR but I am sure there is an APP for that.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Thst is absolutely priceless taxman193.  Didn't take me too long to realise the twist in that!

seatexan Platinum

ROFL!!!!!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Looks like Misterchk Jr IAHFLYR is at it again!

Looking forward to trying this feature out, but so far no property I've been to has it... And I really wish Marriott would give us iOS users a digital MR card for Passbook, so far only Android is supported.

As someone who has not let the technology age touch me too much, could you please explain your final sentence to me?  It could be in Urdu for all I understand it.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Allow me to explain Tommo781  as I am so much younger and well aware of the interwebthingy

kharada46 wants to be able to put his Marriott Rewards Gold elite card on his iOS, but has a very small iOS so the card keeps falling off.. Alas because the Marriott card doesn't fit his passbook (American for wallet) he's now lost it but there's a robot available that could keep it for him and he wishes Marriott would give us all a robot to keep our cards when they're too big for our wallets, or to balance on top of our iOS. Personally I think its unlikely Marriott will give us all a robot, the only giveaway they've ever done like that was some blue speakers and that was only to Plat Premiers. And blue speakers won't go with my lounge decor.

Still, I hope that's clear. No need to thank me!

Great explanation brightlybob.  That's made it as clear as mud!

I did understand a few words of your explanation, being:-

Marriott Rewards Gold elite card.

Plat Premiers.

Correction.  Not a few words.  Seven words to be precise.

But yes I will thank you.  Thanks for nothing brightlybob!

lol, brightlybob are you competing with IAHFLYR for the title of misterchk Jr? 

jndcoff Platinum

On Apple phones there is a small application called passbook  it is an electronic wallet.  it saves different things like an electronic card, or your boarding pass when you are traveling.  He is asking for an electronic Marriott rewards card.  the application operates as an overlay app meaning its accessible even when your phone is locked. Imagine swiping your screen and your electronic wallet opens up. you select your electronic card and it presents just like your credit card, or rewards card, or your boarding pass on screen. It also presents a bar code with the id number, or you boarding pass etc.  Other items that use passbook are electronic coupons, ie. best buy rewards certificates can be downloaded and you present them as an electronic certificate when redeeming them. 

Oh dear!  This is getting more and more incomprehensible!  Thanks everyone, but I think I will stick to pen, paper, email, occasional on line booking and a real telephone where I can speak to an actual person.  It hasn't failed me so far, so I will stick with it until I have no option. 

Tommo781, I think jndcoff said it best.  And while I have my Marriott Rewards number memorized, it would be nice to have the card handy incase I, you know, blank out lol.  I mean I have my SPG, Hyatt Gold Passport, and Hilton HHonors cards in Passbook for iOS.  Hyatt even sends you passbook items for your reservations.  How's that??

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I am always up to something kharada46 and someone has to take his spot.

lol, well we'll have to vote who deserves the title more IAHFLYR?  You or brightlybob?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...