8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2016 6:31 PM by iahflyr RSS

When will gold status update in account?

remeam Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Insiders!

Newbie post here, so I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section.  As of Friday 4/29, we will have achieved Gold status for the first time.  We are excited to be able to utilize our new benefits!  My husband will be wrapping up a business trip on Friday morning, and then his 50th night of the year will be complete.  Normally it takes a few days for the nights to update on our rewards account.  However, we have a stay at the JW in Indianapolis scheduled for Saturday, so we were wondering if there was a way to get this week's Mon-Thurs nights pushed through/accounted for by the time we check in on Saturday?  We would definitely like to take advantage of our new Gold status if possible.  I spoke with a customer service rep yesterday, and he was unable to help.  Any ideas?  Thanks! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When will gold status update in account?
    homoviator Platinum

probably not going to happen before Saturday. I'd just talk to the hotel you are going to and see if they will throw you a bone.  I had something similar as well.  It turned out that part of my stay was as gold the other half wasn't.  It's all good in the end.  Now you will be gold from now until the end of 2017. That's plenty of time to enjoy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bctg77 Platinum 6 Reviews

I would call again and explain the situation and ask them for some help. In my dealings with the help desk it all depends on who you get.  Many times I will call back later and get something accomplished with a different person. In the end I have found most to be more than helpful and would be surprised if they didn't try to accommodate your request. Keep us posted!!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hey kids welcome to Insiders and congrats on His reaching Gold.

As bctg77 mentioned, call the hotel and tell them the situation as most Front Desk Managers really enjoy providing a Rewards guest with something from the goodness of their heart if nothing more.  Make sure to talk with one of the Managers and explain the situation as they can very clearly see the number of nights as well as points in a Rewards account.  I'd bet (if I gambled) they will take excellent care of you and you both will have a fantastic time.

remeam Platinum

Thank you all for your insight! I will call the hotel directly and see what they say. I'll keep you updated.

remeam Platinum

So apparently the customer service rep who said he couldn't help me yesterday worked some behind the scenes magic.  I just logged into the account, and while the nights are still listed as 46, the account status has already been updated to Gold!  I guess it pays to be pleasant to the phone rep even when you don't get the resolution you were looking for.    Thanks again! 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi remeam,

Thank you for letting us know that your account was upgraded to Gold, we're happy to hear it was done in less than 24 hours! We hope you enjoy your stay this Saturday at the JW Indianapolis - here is a recent thread with some insights on that JW:

Restart Your Engines in Indianapolis – comment on this post and you could earn points

As a few members stated, make sure to check out the Concierge Lounge as it seems to be one of the best in the country!

remeam Platinum

Thank you!  I will definitely check out the thread.  We have stayed at the JW Indy several times in the past and have always had positive experiences there.  It's a great hotel in a great little city (and it's super convenient when we are down visiting family in the area).  I can't wait to check out the Concierge Lounge! 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great news, I hope you happen to remember the CS persons name to give them a big thumbs up for helping you guys out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...