7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2016 12:57 PM by texaschef RSS

Has Anyone Heard About The New Ambassador Program??

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

New Marriott Ambassador Program Like Starwood??

SO, had to read about a new program that is copying the Ambassador a program from Starwood in a Press release instead of getting an email or reading about the program on the main Marriott site. Program apparently has a soft launch this May...was wondering if any of the Mods have any info???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has Anyone Heard About The New Ambassador Program??
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The only info posted here is this:

Announcing Three New Benefits: Experiences Marketplace, Elite Concierge Service, Guaranteed Late Checkout

Most of the comments are about the slippery wording of the "up to" 4pm "guaranteed" late checkout, but like you I immediately identified the package as an attempt to move Marriotts benefits towards those offered by Starwood.

Interesting times await!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

And in fact the slippery wording has already been removed from the 4pm late checkout, now it's a guaranteed time, according to http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/04/22/after-blowback-marriott-guarantees-elite-4pm-late-checkout/

(acknowledgement to kharada46 eagle eye)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, texaschef.  When it comes to this program, we do not know much more than what was included in the original announcement.  A select group of Elite members will be selected to have a Personal Concierge so that their travel experience is both seamless and tailored to their individual needs.  The concierge will be able to reserve on-property amenities like restaurants, spa treatments and golf, as well as make arrangements for special occasions.  The service will launch in late May first for U.S. members of Marriott Rewards traveling worldwide and will continue to expand.  As more information becomes available, we'll be sure to post here on Insiders first!

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews

Sooooo, it looks like I am enrolled in this program. I understand that bugs and glitches

may take place on any new initiative, but I must say I am a little disappointed about how

the beginning of this program is kicking off.

I found out I was enrolled in the program not by email or phone call (which apparently is the

way that my fellow Ambassadors have been notified), but found out when I called

to get a copy of a folio from a recent stay.

I was/am an ambassador with SPG and when that milestone happened, boy did they make

a big deal about it and I truly felt valued.

We shall see how this new program works with Marriott, it's just too bad I had to find out all of the

details, how-to's, and specific program info not from Marriott, but from other people enrolled in the program.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...