18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2017 10:00 AM by lear60man RSS

Has Anyone Heard About The New Ambassador Program??

texaschef Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

New Marriott Ambassador Program Like Starwood??

SO, had to read about a new program that is copying the Ambassador a program from Starwood in a Press release instead of getting an email or reading about the program on the main Marriott site. Program apparently has a soft launch this May...was wondering if any of the Mods have any info???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has Anyone Heard About The New Ambassador Program??
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The only info posted here is this:

Announcing Three New Benefits: Experiences Marketplace, Elite Concierge Service, Guaranteed Late Checkout

Most of the comments are about the slippery wording of the "up to" 4pm "guaranteed" late checkout, but like you I immediately identified the package as an attempt to move Marriotts benefits towards those offered by Starwood.

Interesting times await!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

And in fact the slippery wording has already been removed from the 4pm late checkout, now it's a guaranteed time, according to http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/04/22/after-blowback-marriott-guarantees-elite-4pm-late-checkout/

(acknowledgement to kharada46 eagle eye)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, texaschef.  When it comes to this program, we do not know much more than what was included in the original announcement.  A select group of Elite members will be selected to have a Personal Concierge so that their travel experience is both seamless and tailored to their individual needs.  The concierge will be able to reserve on-property amenities like restaurants, spa treatments and golf, as well as make arrangements for special occasions.  The service will launch in late May first for U.S. members of Marriott Rewards traveling worldwide and will continue to expand.  As more information becomes available, we'll be sure to post here on Insiders first!

Sooooo, it looks like I am enrolled in this program. I understand that bugs and glitches

may take place on any new initiative, but I must say I am a little disappointed about how

the beginning of this program is kicking off.

I found out I was enrolled in the program not by email or phone call (which apparently is the

way that my fellow Ambassadors have been notified), but found out when I called

to get a copy of a folio from a recent stay.

I was/am an ambassador with SPG and when that milestone happened, boy did they make

a big deal about it and I truly felt valued.

We shall see how this new program works with Marriott, it's just too bad I had to find out all of the

details, how-to's, and specific program info not from Marriott, but from other people enrolled in the program.

usuallyinchina Platinum

There is lots of chatter on Flyertalk about some PP members receiving metal ID cards stating Ambassador Charter Member.  I have not see this conversation anywhere on the forum other than this small thread from last year.  Does anyone have any insight into this?

mustanggt Platinum

When will others be able to join this program.  Knowing that platinum premier is a "secret" society with unknown entrance criteria, then the ambassador program is the "double super secret" society!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

only for those on double secret probation

Hey MustangGT (great call sign BTW)

I don't believe you can "join" the Ambassador program...you have to be invited at this point. I'll let the MODS chime in here if I post anything incorrect about the program.

Here is the fuzzy math of what I know about the program. Rumors are that there is somewhere between 2,500 to 5,000 Ambassadors. Invite into the program is based on several things, Revenue probably being the biggest factor. I don't think that number of nights or years in the program count for much, but I could be wrong.

For what it's worth, I am a Charter member of this program...I kinda knew that I would be based upon my personal and corporate spend with Marriott.

I must say that I absolutely LOVE my personal rep in the program. She is unbelievable in the work she does for me in this program and has become a vital asset to my weekly travel with Marriott.

Hope that helps....BTW, I have not had ONE Front Desk agent make any kind of acknowledgment of my Ambassador status or anything else for that matter. I've been a LTP for years so I kinda half expected that nothing new or exciting would become of recognition with this program under Marriott. My experience with Starwood as an Ambassador was COMPLETELY different. EVERY visit to a Starwood property began with sincere thanks and acknowledgment in the program and many, many perks were bestowed during my visit.

Chef Mark

mustanggt Platinum

Het texaschef, thanks for the information on the Ambassador program.  If Marriott does retain this program going forward, I hope they enhance it to the level of what you have experienced with Starwood.  Safe travels!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I had the honor this week of receiving and being congratulated for making Lifetime Platinum, and the card to carry.

Odd, since I've had that status (and a card) for several years.

Marriott has some real issues.  But so do many other organizations I deal with.

Only saving grace is that I do training/consulting for quality with corporations, and every time a see a screwup (which is nearly every day) it just reminds me that I'll be able to continue working as long as I want, due to the need for improvement.

sas3525 Platinum

I am Platinum Premier and contacted my Ambassador for the first time today after I had been given the run-around by a Marriott property -- I wanted to pay for the room (with a Marriott credit card, by the way) for a mother and her daughter who were visiting Philly and were staying in a Marriott..  First sent an email which was never answered.  Finally called, and spoke to my Ambassador who claimed she never got my email and, after I gave her the precise time it was sent, I was told it went to another person who was not in today.  In any event, I was told I needed to sign a cc authorization form (which was fine) but it could only be faxed to me, not emailed (who uses faxes anymore).  Finally, I simply gave up -- I don't need to be put through so many hoops when all I was trying to do was something nice and to pay Marriott money.  The ambassador program sounds good in theory but I have my doubts that it really works in practice.    

usuallyinchina Platinum

I wish the moderators would weigh in on this topic, there is nothing from Marriott on this....

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

I would be keen to know the criteria for any of the elite programs that aren't listed on the website's list of Marriott Rewards benefits.

I have been Platinum Premier in the past (with no clear, real benefits), but I have not been for a few years now, and, at more than 3,500 nights stayed in Marriott brand hotels, I have never heard of the Ambassador program.

Perhaps I am not an ideal candidate.

All that said, Marriott generally treats me well.  I look forward to hear if any insiders are benefiting from being an Ambassador.

TL

lear60man Platinum

PP for the last 5 years an obviously lifetime.  Made a reservation via email with my personal ambassador rep for tomorrow.  I dont get any more fan fare domestically for being PP.   Internationally they seem to take notice.  Gonna start booking more SPG properties in the near future to see if its a 'Hey, pleasure to meet you, your special room is ready, my name is Bob,  Please let us know if you want anything like having the maids respect your Do Not Disturb Sign'.  I mean seriously.......who is the sign for? My friends?  If I had friends in this town, I would be sleeping at their house.  The Do Not Disturb sign is for the hotel staff.  And yet, I have to pull out my ear plugs and Bose noise cancelling headphones to get out of my wrong side of the clock sleep to tell them in my nicest tone....No Gracias, Mi  habitación is bueno while wearing flannel boxers a Mr. Bubble Tshirt and a missing black sock.  Sorry for the run on.

FWIW......the SPG folk do seem to take more notice from what ive seen since the merger.    If that side can infiltrate ours, we will be solid.  Ill give the Ambassador title some time and see if it actually gets me some perks.  Admin.....Mods....Flying Spaghetti Monster etc...If you can read this, please give me an upgrade if available without me begging for it at check in in front of my flight crew.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...