7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2016 2:37 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

what is the strangest place you had your birthday celebration?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

...my next one, next week, will be when I'm in the plane, flying to Beijing

FML

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: what is the strangest place you had your birthday celebration?
    ramoneur Platinum

...I am wondering though, if the airline or hotel I will be at during my holiday will notice and do anything special;

probably not

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Would doubt it also. I wouldn't call this strange but the company I was with was bought by a major Corp who decided that all senior execs needed to attend a leadership program which was heald in a beautiful resort on the Maryland eastern shore. Well it happened to be my 50th birthday so I figured oh well I will celebrate when I got home. To my surprise they figured it out and at dinner they rolled in a Hugh cake with 50 candles and with the help of the piano player sang happy birthday

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Maybe not strange, but unique and much fun.  Last year, for a rather big birthday, we landed in Dublin on the day, headed to the Guinness Storehouse for a pint and tour.  Then, had dinner in Clontarf Castle.  It was wonderful to be in great venues with family.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Fun Q, ramoneur,

I can't say it was a celebration, but I once had a 36-hour birthday (most of the extended portion being "celebrated" above the Pacific ocean).  As I was checking in for my flight, returning home from Manila in the Philippines (alas, I don't remember if I was flying through Tokyo/Narita or Singapore), the desk agent, upon checking my passport, suggested that I was about to enjoy a looooonnnnnng birthday, and she was right. Fortunately, I was in busines class, so it was rather relaxing and comfortable "event." Manila is exactly 12 hours off from Eastern (DC) time (for half the year), and, with the International Date Line, well....

as an aside, I willingly admit that - to this day - the International Date Line confuses me to no end...

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Banana Base which is not a military base, just the name. North shore of the Congo River on the Atlantic. Also had one birthday on the side of a volcano in Darajat, Indonesia. In both cases I was there for work.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My next one will not be as glamorous as your's will be ramoneur, but will also be on a plane flying to Key West!!

Jsucool76 Gold

Make sure you check out the sarabeth's down there. =] Not as good as the one on central park S in NYC, but still quite good.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...