5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2016 10:08 PM by iahflyr RSS

Best Marriott Golf Resort

hojongsoo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

To all the golfaholics out there!

I was wondering if you could share any recent experiences regarding Marriott Golf Resorts domestic/international and how you would rate your experience based on service and the golf course. I am looking to take 3 of my buddies on a golf trip where we are just going to golf. probably try and do 36 a day. So what are the best golf resorts that you have experienced?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Vacation Club Villas
  • Re: Best Marriott Golf Resort
    peymanagement Platinum

I go to the world centre and get their golf package. We play early and replays were available. I have done quite a few golf trips, but this has worked out good for us. It is good if you want golf emersion as you don't need to leave the resort.

I did not find Hawks Landing crowded, it was in great condition each time and the course is challenging enough for me a low double digit handicapper.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Birmingham, AL Hotel | Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail is an incredible hotel, right on the course.  Although Ross Bridge is only 18 holes  RTJ Golf Trail - Oxmoor Valley is close by with 54 holes, both are fantastic facilities and fun to play.....and go ahead, play Ross Bridge from the tips.....dare ya, 8191 but a true blast that plays a bit shorter.

The RTJ Trail is a wonderful trip with all type of packages to include build your own....and there are plenty of Marriott properties near the course.

mustanggt Platinum

Hey hojongsoo. If you are looking for a first class experience, check out the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds Plantation at Lake Oconee in Georgia.  It features 5 courses from easy to difficult.  The courses are all designed by top name architects: Great Waters, Nicklaus; The Landing, Cupp; Oconee, Rees Jones; The National, Fazio; and The Plantation course.  The CL at this Ritz is one of the best I have ever been experienced.  Basically you can golf till you drop, and in the CL you can drink till you drop...Your choice as to how you prefer to drop!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Well, the golf "mecca", with multiple, challenging courses - especially the No. 1 course,  in the U.S. is at Pinehurst, NC, and you can stay in the Pinehurst Hotel, as shown below.  If you're flying, you could fly into Raleigh or Charlotte, NC, or into Pinehurst, if you have your own plane.....

Pinehurst.jpg

Pinehurst - 2.jpg

.....or you could stay at nearby Carolinian Inn, in Pinehurst, or if you prefer to stay with Marriott properties, there is a Marriott Spring Hill Suites Hotel, just outside of Pinehurst on the by-pass between Pinehurst and picturesque, Southern Pines, and there is a hotel there as well. There are wonderful restaurants in the area, and small shops for local memorabilia.

In addition to Lake Oconee facility, just east of Atlanta that was mentioned earlier, there's also Barnsley Gardens, approximately 45 miles West of Atlanta, and there is a golf course, with Marriott Courtyard at Stone Mountain, 20 miles East of Atlanta.

Another favorite, southern golfing place is Callaway Gardens, where there are multiple golf courses, but I don't believe there's a Marriott property there.

Also, there's the Legend's End Marriott Vacation Club Villas near Panama City, FL (photo below).....

Sept. 2013 - Florida - MVC Trip 006.jpg

........and, there are multiple golf courses at Myrtle Beach, SC, with Marriott Ocean Watch Hotel & Resort, and Marriott Vacation Villas, at North Myrtle Beach (photo below)

Myrtle Beach.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
    Marriott Vacation Club Villas
      iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Pinehurst is sure a gem.  Our club is part of Club Corp and we had a four month tournament to play four days at Pinehurst in the Acura Championship......we came within two points of being the Club representative team....DANG IT!

While at Pinehurst you might also find some East Carolina BBQ!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...