27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2016 8:31 AM by seatexan RSS

More Organized Packing

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We recently completed a stay at the TownPlace Suites in Little Rock, Arkansas.  As a result of this stay and my activity on Marriott Insiders, I was fortunate to be chosen to take place in "TownPlace Suites Ultimate Travel Product Search" product evaluation featuring some of the The Container Store's organized travel products.  Since I'm always trying to find ways to stay more organized when we travel, it was like Christmas when I opened the large box full of products to test which included items such as a Flight 001Seat Pak Organizer, a Jet Bag Bottle Protector, and a Travel Happens Wet Bag.  I'm not quite sure how the results will be shared with Insiders, but I'm excited to report that all the items I have tried so far have been great.  I want to thank Marriott Insiders, TownPlace Suites, and The Container Store for giving me the opportunity to test these new products.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Worldwide
  • Re: More Organized Packing
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Me too!

I'm planning on putting the Eagle Creek Specter Pack-It set and the Umbra Tangram Travel Organizer to use this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll try out all the items, but several of them will get their first test in a couple days. Should be fun. I think the Seat Pak Organizer might come in handy as well.

It will be interesting to find out which products are the most popular.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Never heard of any of this, guess I'll just continue to pack the ole fashioned way in the TravelPro!

I think you had to stay at a TownePlace Suites sometime earlier this year. Not a brand I usually visit, but I found a great rate out by the airport before a 5am flight and figured, why not? All the goodies are part of a TownePlace Suites/Container Store partnership. I'm not sure how many insiders were selected to try them out.

For me the timing couldn't have been better as I have three trips in three consecutive weekends. If that isn't enough to put these products through their paces, I'm not sure what is.

Guess I'll have to add a TPS to my list of spots since you already have that badge and I don't!!  

I can certainly see you giving these things a good shake down alright.

j&c Platinum

Outstanding! We loved our February Suffolk TP stay - the Container Store organization was the perfect solution for our clothing, sightseeing gear, food and the cooking utensils we brought from home. Easy to stock and then right back into the car after our 5 days. So very cool that you were chosen (waving - hey, please choose me, too!) C

Tried out a few items this past weekend. Generally good results.

One exception. The "leakproof" flip top 4oz travel bottle leaked. I won't be using this again or recommending it.

jagertraveler Platinum

When airlines mandate 2os liquid containers, I am wondering why they sent out a 4oz container.  Thanks for the heads-up that this item leaks.

Respectfully, I don't believe it is the "airlines" who are mandating any of the liquid issues but the TSA and it is 3.4 ounces or less that all must fit into that lovely quart sized bag.

From the TSA website:

"Each passenger may carry liquids, gels and aerosols in travel-size containers that are 3.4 ounces or100 milliliters. Each passenger is limited to one quart-size bag of liquids, gels and aerosols. Common travel items that must comply with the 3-1-1 liquids rule include toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash and lotion."

jagertraveler Platinum

Ha yeah...TSA, not the airlines.

I am disappointed to learn that the travel bottle leaked.  I was hoping to discover that it was really leak proof.

So far here's my take.

Seat Pak

Eagle Creek compression packing bags

Pack-it Folder (though not useful for every trip)

Stackers cosmetic bag (Karen used this to organize jewelry and cosmetics and really liked it).

Dislike

"Leakproof" bottle

Ambivalent

Tangram organizer (only useful if not overstuffed)

Haven't tried the rest yet, but I've got two more trips over the next couple weeks.

jagertraveler Platinum

2016-04-19 09.19.03.jpgBased on my business stays in Manhattan, KS, I am participating in this TownePlace/Container Store program also.  So I far have put to good use the Eagle Creek Compression bags for everything from gym clothes to used laundry.  I also like the Pack it Medium Folder for t-shirts, but I travel with suits so that is not very handy.  Already having a clear dop kit with 2oz travel bottles, the 4oz. leakproof bottle will not be used...nor will the Stackers Cosmetic bag.  Overall it looks like a good assortment of items to try and help stay on top of organization.

Platinum 4 Reviews

PICT0431.JPG

Umbra Tangram Travel Organizer.  Repurposed for the dog since Dogs travel too. It works well for this.

Platinum

Judging by his superb packing and gourmet meal brand....that dog may know the whereabouts and condition of misterchk - what say you wesleywc ?! Do I see a faint outline of a platinum and diamond encrusted shoehorn?

Platinum 4 Reviews

Haha.....My dog is an east coaster (a dogs dog, not a lap kind of dog at all), so no shoehorn for this dog. That's those west coast Hollywood dogs.

Platinum 4 Reviews

PICT0435.JPG

JetBag Bottle Protector.

I'm not a wine connoisseur so I have no clue if this is considered a good bottle of wine or more along the lines of MD 20/20, but it was a thank you gift from work. I'm taking it on my next road trip coming up.....

jagertraveler Platinum

I would take a bottle of Italian prosecco any day!

Platinum 4 Reviews

PICT0437 (2).JPG

Reisenthel Bag (one on left with crazy pattern) filled with dog stuff as dogs travel too. My favorite item despite the

color/pattern etc...

Platinum 4 Reviews

PICT0440.JPG

I don't recall the name of this orange bag and its purpose is for storing stuff to be hung on the back of ones airline seat, but I'm using it to keep my wallet, reservations, etc.....handy and organized.  My second favorite item.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I always pack pretty good heading out but after the first stop get a little more disorganized and that results in wrinkled clothes

It's the Seat Pak. I've found it particularly useful for keeping chargers, cords, and all the small stuff that can easily get lost. I haven't yet hung it from my tray table on a flight, but it's been on 6 flights with me in the past couple weeks. Probably my favorite item, though I do like the Eagle Creek compression packing bags. I'll see about getting a few pictures posted this week.

jagertraveler Platinum

That's exactly what I use mine for.  I have not used this on any flights yet, but I know this fits nicely in my backpack/laptop bag.

2016-05-04 08.43.27.jpg

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

I use Rick Steves packing cubes.  It helps me organize and my clothes come out much better with fewer wrinkles. 

We received 2 Eagle Creek packing cubes and I used them on our recent trip to Florida.  As you mentioned, they really helped me organize my clothes.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

my problem is never when I pack at home but later when I leave my first destination and have to repack. I never seem as careful and get many more wrinkles

joelambic Gold

I had picked up some Eagle Creek items a few years ago to try out.  They were the older, slightly heavier versions but work well.  I have picked up some of the newer, light-weight stuff more recently and really like them too.  I have a seat-back organizer I got during the last trip to the Container Store but haven't tried it out yet.

seatexan Platinum

I bought the e-bags cubes and did it via the shop my way Marriott site to get extra points. I really like them!  I was looking at the Eagle Creek ORV 30 or 36... anyone have experience with them?  They are pricey for a rolling duffel and I have never owned an Eagle Creek item.  I want to make sure it can deal with not only flights but through train stations in Europe.  I figured a rolling duffel that can stand on its own might be better than a boxy spinner...I have to organize 3 weeks of clothing into it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...