1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 22, 2016 7:04 PM by dansplan RSS

Easier Reservations

travelvet Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have found that when making a reservation with my android phone app it is not possible to select payment options.

For example, if I have free night certificates available, I would like to select which certificate I want to use.

Currently, there is no option for me to choose.

Recently I stayed in a town that only had a Category 3 hotel, and I wanted to use a Category 1-4 certificate instead of a Cat-5 certificate.

I had to call customer service so I did not waste my higher reward certificate on a Cat 3 property.

The Customer service rep was professional and helpful, but acknowledged that what I wanted to do was not possible without additional assistance.

I spent half an hour+ on something that should only take a few minutes at best.

Not a complaint--more of a suggestion to make the reservation experience faster and easier.

Can the reservation process be improved in this way, or is there a work-around I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Easier Reservations
    Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

No, you are not going crazy - it really is this hard!

I agree 10000%! Why does Marriott insist on making so much WORK for us that have certificates? I almost had my Ritz Carlton cert used for a category 4 hotel even when calling in - and had to explain carefully to the agent which one to use. carat and other Commummuu managers - help us out here - P-L-E-A-S-E - this is a huge issue that needs to be fixed. Marrriott has  taken a positive perk and turned it into work for loyal members.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...