8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2016 2:54 PM by AndrewT RSS

redeeming points for marriott golf

hojongsoo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has used points for golf resorts stays. Obviously you can use points for book rooms, but can you use points for green fees too?

Also, can you charge green fees to your room? And if you use the marriott rewards credit card for green fees, is that eligible for 5X the points?

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
golf
  • Re: redeeming points for marriott golf
    peymanagement Platinum

yes, I used it at Hawks Landing in Orlando. It is a reasonable deal, however I found the next year a better deal staying at the resort and getting the package was a great deal. I like to play golf fast, so I go in Oct/November. The deal was about 250 USD including golf for two and breakfast. We worked it out with the starter to be first off and were back in still in time for an amazing breakfast ay World center, and then went back out for a replay in pm.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

peymanagement Platinum

and you get points for anything you buy in the pro shop.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Instant Redemption

hojongsoo, you can redeem MR points for golf at some properties - the link above has the redemption rate.  It is not a good exchange rate, so probably not a good idea unless you have a lot of points you are trying to use up!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

peymanagement,

You can join our group any ole time you like as we don't let moss grown under our feet either!!!!

We had a five ball one day last week, cart path only due to some rain the day before and still finished in 3+40 without even rushing.  We always say, "the group with the best pace on the course is the group following us"!!

I've never even thought of using points to pay for golf, find better deals using a golf package for golf and book the hotel myself.

peymanagement Platinum

yep IAHFLYR it was in my silver days and I didn't know any better,  even with the points saver redemption it turned out to be a better deal to book on golfnow and pay cash. You can however get some amazing golf package deals at Marriott resorts, and they treat us so well.

I love the rhythm that fast golf brings. There is nothing worse than getting stuck out there in the middle of the day for a five plus hour round of golf.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That's for sure. I've always said if someone is going to take the time to line up every put from both sides of the hole they had better make it!

Which resorts have you played at so far?

peymanagement Platinum

We usually go to the world centre, because there is a lot to do there, When it was a Marriot we played Doral. When Grand Pines was open we stayed at Grand Vista, Algonquin in St Andrews, Non Marriott, Pinehurst, CordeValle Trump Dorado.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great to know! Just added the World Center to "the list".

I attended the WGC-Cadillac Championship a few years back while Tiger was in the midst of his brief resurgence, but I've never had the pleasure of playing any of these fine courses you've mentioned.

Maybe one day...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...