6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2016 9:39 AM by brightlybob RSS

Using Points on Site

corrie1013 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Another post I read got me thinking...how do you go about using points for services when you are staying at a property?  The question popped into my head while reading the post asking if you can use points to pay for golf fees...how does one do that?  And can it be done for spa treatments or food and beverage?  Upgrades?  Just wanted to know what the process is....thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points on Site
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I think everything you need to know is on the Rewards website corrie1013.

Try looking here Marriott Rewards Points | Redeem Marriott Rewards Points and if you still have questions, come back on here and there will no doubt be an Insider who can help you further.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

Instant Redemption

The link above tells you how/where you can redeem points for services.  But the redemption value is very poor, and it is not a good use of points. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I never knew about Instant Redemption clebert  And seeing the value, I think I will promptly forget about it again!

peymanagement Platinum

You can use your points for almost anything Marriott corrie1013 but it is not great value. Your best value is redeeming points for rooms.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi everyone!

There are basically two ways you can do this. The first is instant redemption; you would charge everything to your room at participating properties and have the hotel use points to credit a certain dollar amount to your bill. The second option would be to order gift cards. See below for specific information on both of these options below.

*(Instant redemption) Participating hotels offer Marriott Rewards members the option of using Instant Redemption Rewards.  With Instant Redemption Rewards you have the option to use your points toward any charge billed to your room.  You are able to use your points for dinner, drinks, spa services, golf, room upgrades, and more.  Simply request your award at the front desk of any participating hotel at any time between check-in and check-out.  There is no certificate and you can even increase or decrease the amount during your stay. 

You may find more information regarding these rewards and participating hotels at:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/instant.mi

You may view all of the gift card options online at:

1. www.MarriottRewards.com

*(gift cards) Please enter your account number or the e-mail address listed on your account and your password in the appropriate fields to access your Marriott Rewards account.  After logging in, please click "USE" located in the middle of the page.  On the next page, please click on "Shop Populr Rewards." 

After clicking "Shop Populr Rewards", you will reach a page that reads "You're almost there. Please select your region, then country."  After selecting your geographical location, you will reach the Populr home page, on which you may click "Gift Cards" to view your options.  Please note that gift cards are not available in all countries

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The answer is you certainly can pay for the golf with points by charging the golf to your room and then on checkout using a gift card obtained by redeeming on the website a few weeks earlier or alternatively on manual checkout askibg the front desk to discharge your account with points using instant redemption.

Alas, both of these options represent very poor redemption values for your points and 9 times out of 10 you'd be far better off redeeming for hotel award stays.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...