6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2010 3:32 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Rewards

missionbox Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I love the new rollover provision.  I am already set for 2010!  I also have over 700 lifetime nights.  Is there a another rewards level for those who live in Marriott property's most of the time?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good question:  Some hotels will decide to honor their most frequent guests, and do so in different ways. 

The Marriott Marquis in NYC, for example, tags their 50 most frequent guests as "Marquis Members" and they receive special treatment when they visit.  Another level is called "VIP" a designation for having made frequent (but not as many as the Marquis level) stays with them at the Times Square hotel. I'm one of that group.

The Santa Clara CA Marriott has a special card that provides a number of perks, including a free Starbucks anything, a free shoeshine, and when you are the most frequent stayer in a given period.  I was one of those a couple years ago and was given a Tiffany bracelet (actually my wife was, I had to relinquish it).

These are property specific awards.  In my view they are nice little surprises that a hotel can give to reward loyalty to the brand and the hotel.  While there is a cost associated with this, the benefits in terms of continued loyalty are immeasurable.

If anyone else knows a property specific award please post it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

missionbox Platinum 8 Reviews

If you've seen "Up In The Air", there are references to a special class of American fliers beyond PE.  It is not in any of the materials that describe the program.  I was wondering if Marriott had something like that for their most loyal customers.  Hence, the post...

pltnmprincess Platinum

Hi Missionbox,

Welcome to the forum!!  I think you are asking if there is a level above Platinum? (similar to what United has with Global Services, which is above 1k but unpublished)  If so, there is an unpublished level called Platinum Premier and there are several threads on this board describing this.  Try doing a search and you should get alot of results.  Or check the Marriott Rewards forum on the main forums page and you should find some recent posts there.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Just a comment:  Platinum Premier is a published level (see the website), but the amount of stays is not mentioned.  Traditionally it has been 125 nights per years for three years consecutively, but that's historical not written down. 

Recently staying 100 nights after making Platinum Premier (see above) allows renewal for another 12 months.  Just a note that you will get no rollover nights if you make it on the nose--meaning you stay 100 nights--you get no rollover nights!  A small price to pay IMHO.

pltnmprincess Platinum

Stepping,

PP is only published on the website if you ARE a PP.  Otherwise it does not show up.  To verify this, I have 2 computers on the Marriott site, one where I am logged in and the other where I am not.  The Membership benefits pages are different.

Same thing was true with United.  I had no idea what Global Services was until I became one, then it was published...to me.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Princess,

Good point.  The Single-Sign-On SSO acts like a switch to display or hide content based upon Elite status. Since receiving PP, the link to the 'top secret' PP web page is now visible.  Web crawlers do not appear to index the content.  Searching keywords/phrases confirms this. As https, it's not possible to access the content on the page by typing in the URL unless logged in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...