12 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2016 9:49 AM by carat RSS

Cannot Upgrade to the New Required Marriott Mobile App

ChinaGold Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Use an iPhone 4 and used to be able to use the Marriott Mobile App with no problems (though it was a bit clunky in its design). Now, however, when I try to open the app, it tells me to upgrade, however, because it now requires an iOS 8.0 or above platform, none of the millions of people who still use iPhone 4's (like myself) can upgrade to it--and the old app is also completely inaccessible. Can anybody--either inside of Marriott's tech support group or in the Insider Community--help me? Just checked into a Marriott property in Shanghai today and am totally shut out from the app. Thanks for your insights, ideas, and/or help! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cannot Upgrade to the New Required Marriott Mobile App
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and the reservation number of your current stay and we can get started.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi ChinaGold,

To ensure the best experience for our mobile app users, we encourage them to utilize the most recent versions of our mobile apps. At this time, the minimum OS (Operating System) requirement for iPhone is 8.0. We have shared your comments with our Mobile App Development group. The best way for us to improve our app is seeing it through your eyes.

App functions are able to be carried out on your web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you,

Hi all,

We've just been made aware by our development teams that guests with iPhone 4 should now be able to use the last compatible version of the Marriott Mobile App, version 4.0.3. If you are still unable to utilize the app since the latest upgrade, please try deleting the app and reinstalling.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Solve all problems with just about any app, get a Droid operating system!!!

ChinaGold Gold

Hi Andrew.

Thanks for the hopeful info, however, though I can find the Marriott Mobile App, version 4.0.3 under the "History" button under the Marriott Mobile App, there is no way to download it. The ONLY Marriott Mobile App that is currently downloadable from the App Store is version 5.10.0 which still requires iOS 8.0 (which, of course, iPhone 4's do not have).  If you could please provide a way to access the version 4.0.3 I (and I'm sure a lot of other Marriott customers) would be most grateful for your help. Thanks!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi ChinaGold.  I know you have been working with AndrewT on this however, I saw your post and wanted to pass along some steps we've received from the Technical Support team:

Steps to follow:

1) Delete the app from the phone

2) Visit the App Store to download it again

3)When you click to download, you will see a message letting you know that "The current version requires iOS 8.0 or later, but you can download the last compatible version" with the option to Cancel or Download. (Pic below)

AppStore.jpg

4) When you click the option to Download, this should proceed with installing version 4.0.3

If you have completed these steps but are still running into issues, please let us know.

ChinaGold Gold

Hi Cara & Adam!

Thanks to both of you for your help!  After being locked out from the mobile app since mid-April I now have finally been able to reaccess the older version again that works on an iPhone 4. Thank you so much!!!  Especially appreciate your staying with this until it got solved as I have 7 different stays coming up at Marriott properties over the next 4 weeks.

Blessings to you both!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...