38 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2016 12:15 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Marriott's 19 brands - How many have you tried?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With the addition of Delta Hotels, it's time to update the discussion on Marriott hotel brands I began a couple years ago with the thread

Marriott now lists 18 Brands. How many have you visited?

Marriott brands.PNG

Using the above graphic from Marrott.com, here are the brands listed.

Ritz Carlton

Bulgari

Edition

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott

Delta Hotels

Marriott Executive Apartments

Marriott Vacation Club

Gaylord Hotels

AC Hotels

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites

TownePlace Suites

Protea Hotels

Moxy Hotels

When searching the hotel directory, Bulgari is not listed, but Marriott Conference Centers show as a separate brand, keeping the total at 19. Feel free to include either (or both) in your list.

From the previous discussion, I don't recall that anyone has stayed at all 19 brands. How many have you tried?

• Re: Marriott's 19 brands - How many have you tried?

Here's my list

Ritz Carlton

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott

Marriott Vacation Club

Gaylord Hotels

AC Hotels

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites

TownePlace Suites

That makes 13. I can add Marriott Conference Centers to make 14.

Next week, I'll be making my first stay at the NYC Edition, so that will bring my total to 15.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Well, the Edition stay is in the bag.

15 brands. Odds of getting more soon are slim unless I figure out how to work in a Delta stay somewhere.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GoldenBoy Platinum

bejacob  I'm going to work on doing a Delta in Racine, Wisconsin sometime this year. I think I'll either do AC or Moxy in New Orleans!

Those are two locations I have considered as well, though no plans yet. I think there is also a Moxy in the Phoenix area.

GoldenBoy Platinum

bejacob, where are the Bvlgaris?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oh dear bejacob.  Living in the UK, where the brands are few and far between, I have only visited 2.  I stay at Marriott many, many times, but here it tends to be Full Service or Residence.  Which are the 2 I have stayed at.

I envy you all in the US who have such a lot of choice of brands, all of which earn you Rewards Points.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As always I'll do my homework, so, in order of nights stayed, including redeemed nights, with the actual number of nights at each in brackets:

1. Marriott (~500)

2. Renaissance (~30)

3. JW Marriott (~10)

4. Autograph (6)

5. Courtyard (3)

6. Marriott Vacation Club (2)

7. Fairfield Inn (1)

Not too shabby for a European, and I should add Delta, Springhill Suites, Residence Inn and possibly Edition to that list this year.

Message was edited by: brightlybob to add nights per brand

Very nice! A+

GoldenBoy Platinum

Is there a breakdown online of how many nights stayed by brand brightlybob, or have you kept a running tally?

No breakdown I'm afraid, to get my figures together I've used my lifetime nights counter (640), added in my non counting redemption and BOGO nights (~110) as i recall them and deducted the bonus/rollover nights I've received (~200).

I remember my 1 (poor) FFI night, my 2 nights at MVC (EuroDisney), my 3 CY nights, Prague, Albany and Gatwick and my 6 Autograph nights at Budapest and Edinburgh. The rest are less clear, it's a long time since I've stayed at a JW, Rens I tend to pick when I can but we don't have many. So many Marriott nights they just make up the balance.

So no online list, I'm afraid!

mustanggt Platinum

All of my Marriott stays have been made on leisure travel and not on business.  When I worked and traveled on business we were not allowed to personally benefit in any form at company expense.  Therefor, we were not allowed to belong to any affinity programs. I did not become a member of Marriott Rewards until I retired.  As such, most of my Marriott stays have been at full service properties.  Here is where I have been:

Ritz Carlton

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott Vacation Club

Marriott

Residence Inn

Courtyard

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have stayed at 12 and don't expect to add to it but one never knows

peymanagement Platinum

I was the same, my company booked the travel but unlike you I could  get points but had no say where. They booked Wyndham and IHG, After retirement I did some consulting and there was a  courtyard beside a client in Pittsburgh and stayed there and  got talked into Rewards, so today I got my seventh year with Marriott e mail. I have stayed at:

• Town (once no badge)
      • Courtyard
      • Springhill
      • Fairfield
      • Marriott
      • MVC (once no badge)
      • Ren
      • RI
      • Delta
      • Gaylord (once no badge)
      • RC (before it was aligned so may not count)

In September I will stay at a JW in Houston.

Most are leasure

That's a good variety. In the US and Canada, getting 8 brands isn't too hard. Going above 10 takes at least a little effort.

Here in the UK 8 brands isn't at all easy, it's a tough call, the only Marriott brands we have are:

Marriott (50 properties)

Autograph (3)

Renaissance (3)

Courtyard (2)

JW Marriott (1)

Residence Inn (1)

Edition (1)

Marriott Vacation Club (1)

Marriott is however opening several new hotels this year, including 2 ACs giving us another brand to add to our 8! Even so, less than half the Marriott brands are here and 80% of ours are the Marriott FS brand!

Venturing across the channel only adds 2 brands, Moxy and Ritz-Carlton, but not many of either. However Courtyards are relatively numerous in Germany and ACs are all over Spain. Since 99% of my EU trips are leisure I can't see me choosing the Courtyards or AC that often, and Ritz is out of my league.

I think what is particularly noticeable is that by the end of the year I should be on 10 brands, with 5 of them coming from my US/Canada stays, namely FFI, SHS, RI, CY and Delta.

How might that change when the Marriott-Starwood merger is complete? Will you have a lot more options in the UK?

Although Starwood has over 450 international hotels whereas Marriott has less than 400 this doesnt play out in the UK where Marriott dominates with 62 properties and Starwood trails far behind with only 15. Of those 1 is a Scottish Golf Course Hotel (Trump), 1 (Sheraton) is in Edinburgh, 1 (Aloft) in Liverpool and all the rest in London. So we can call Starwoods cover patchy at best, indeed unless you're angling after London, practically non-existent, but it is better in Europe and I foresee me making stays at some Starwoods there once I have the opportunity to earn points, of course

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I guess we will have to renew this discussion again once the SPG brands get added.

I've stayed at 11 different brands including Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott, Autograph, Renaissance, Marriott, Vacation Club, Gaylord, Courtyard, Residence Inn, Springhill, and Fairfield Inn.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Fun thread!  With the addition of all the partnership hotel groups, you Road Warriors have more hotels to cross off your lists!  I see brightlybob plans to add more to his list this summer.  Anyone else?

No plans. Delta is probably the easiest one left for me. Marriott Executive Apartments. Protea, and Moxy aren't anywhere near where I'm going anytime soon.

After my Edition stay this weekend, that's probably all the brands I'll hit for a while.

On a side note, when the gang gets together at the JW in Houston, that will be my 13th brand in 2016 (it's been a busy brand year ).

GoldenBoy Platinum

bejacob  there are Moxys in Phoenix & New Orleans, so I think I may attempt the one in New Orleans sometime!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

JW Marriott

Renaissance

Marriott

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites

TownePlace Suites

That's 8!  I expect to be at nine before mid summer.

greattraveltime Platinum

I like your question. Here is my growing list.

Ritz Carlton

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott

Marriott Vacation Club

Gaylord Hotels

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Renaissance

Marriott

Marriott Vacation Club

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites

Towneplace Suites

Will be adding Gaylord this summer.  I don't travel for work, so almost all my travel is with the family.  With a FS property, unless I book a bigger room or get a pre check-in upgrade, the suite hotels are a better fit. 

hassmh Gold

Despite traveling on occasion for work, I'm nearly always stuck with Courtyard simply due to availability where I travel (or corporate expense guidelines which generally eliminate FS options). So I'm almost in the same boat, most brand variety is family travel where suites are usually the best for us right now. So far I'm stuck at 5, but will add JW with a stay in Orlando in August.

My measly 5:

Courtyard

Fairfield Inn & Suites

Ritz-Carlton

Springhill Suites

Residence Inn

GoldenBoy Platinum

I Wish Residence Inn & Towneplace would award full points (10 points per dollar) but that's a different discussion. (Once the merger with Starwood is complete, there'll be Westin, W, Four Points, Aloft, Sheraton added etc...)

But for now, here's my  list, all leisure travel:

JW Marriott

Delta (Racine, Wisconsin)

Autograph

Courtyard

Fairfield

Towneplace

Residence Inn

Renaissance

Marriott

Marriott Executive Apts (Bangkok)

Marriott Vacation Club

Springhill

Ritz-Carlton

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

I'm not as organized as Brightlybob, so I don't have the number stayed, but here is my list:

Ritz Carlton

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott

Gaylord Hotels

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springfield Suites

Fairfield Inn and Suites

Townplace Suites

This was interesting. I didn't realize until doing this that I had stayed at so many different Marriott brands.

I have my first stay at a Delta property this weekend. If Marriott Conference Centers count as a separate brand (which they do for the purposes of the brand badges) this will be my 16th Marriott Brand. I don't make a distinction between Marriott and Marriott Conference Centers, so I count it as 15 brands. Either way you count it, 15 or 16, I'm pleased.

Ritz Carlton

Edition

JW Marriott

Autograph Collection

Renaissance

Marriott

Delta Hotels

Marriott Vacation Club

Gaylord Hotels

AC Hotels

Courtyard

Residence Inn

Springhill Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites

TownePlace Suites

Before this year, I had stayed at all but AC, Edition, and Delta, so it was nice to add those to my list.

I looked back over the year so far and found I have stayed at all these brands except JW and RC in 2016. My JW stay for this year is coming in Sept, in of all places, Houston.

Wonder if I can squeeze in a stay at RC before the end of the year.

No plans for Bulgari, Marriott Executive Apartments, Moxy, or Protea. At least not yet.

So this is for painedplatinum because it's likely no one else will care. Well, erc might.

Adding my current sojourn at the RC Buckhead, I've stayed at 15 brands just in 2016.

Now that SPG is part of the mix, perhaps it's time to explore some of those brands. What do we have, another 11 or so? For now, I think I'll wait.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...