5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2016 11:21 AM by iahflyr RSS

Marriott Energy Corridor, West Houston, TX

c2tex Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

orThis hotel has no respect for it's customers and completely ignores reservations.  On two different occasions I have been turned away by the Desk Clerk.  I am Platinum with over 225 Nights in 2014, and over 900 stays lifetime.  Despite the promises of Marriott, with a written confirmation, Energy Center said, sorry no rooms for tonight we are oversold, good luck.

Poor service, poor reservations.  Avoid this property.

Craig CrawfordP

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
#Houston, #avoidMarriottenergycorridor
  • Re: Marriott Energy Corridor, West Houston, TX
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What days are you referring to for this "turned away"?  If one of them was this week I can understand since the area has taken on some 10-20" of rain since Sunday night and more coming down right now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

c2tex Platinum 3 Reviews

I Arrived in Houston again this past Sunday as the rains began pounding down.  Marriott Energy Corridor, manager Dalya, turned me away on Monday, April 4.  Even if it were a bad weather day I would expect some assistance, which was not offered.  Frankly, while irritating on April 4, my experience was nothing compared to the impact the storm has had on the Houston area.

In answer to the unasked question, I remained calm and professional, while I showed Dalya my Marriott emailed confirmation for that day.  I did advise that I would complain to Marriott and would not return to Marriott Energy Corridor if I could avoid it.

i Hope your travels are smooth and without incident. 

Prayers for those families still dealing with the floods.

Message was edited by: C2Tex

Location Brand Hotel
      #Houston, #avoidMarriottenergycorridor

Yep, there are many many homes which are still underwater, HWY 6 near this property may be under water for up to six weeks as Addick's Reservoir is out of it's banks.  Keep those prayers coming as we're in for more heaving rain this morning in places the certainly do not need any more.

NWS issues Flood Warning for Addicks, Barker Reservoirs for first time ever | abc13.com

Anyway, back to the hotel.  It is sad that you were treated in this fashion and the property GM should be notified of this type of treatment regardless.  Have you spoken with the GM as yet and if not how about we see if our Mod Team can be of assistance?

What say the AndrewT, carat, lindseyh, deannad?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi IAHFLYR.  Can't believe all the rain you are getting!  Hopefully you aren't directly affected.  Sending our thoughts your way! 

We've also reached out to this hotel's management team and are working on a resolution for c2tex.

Great news carat. and I do hope some resolution comes from it. 

I'd say we are high and dry but that would be a complete lie!!   However; out little community other than some high water in Lake Woodlands and the golf courses being under way for the most part again today after the latest 1" of rain fell in 45 minutes we are fine, thank you for your well wishes.  Hopefully this is the end of it now, but it has taken a toll on my golf games this week which is very lame considering all the troubles folks within 10 miles of us are having and the others all around town.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...