11 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2016 9:24 AM by clebert RSS

Marriott Vacation Club Villas - Ocean Palms, Singer Island, FL

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I have booked five nights at the MVC Ocean Palms, Singer Island, FL, for last week in September. We chose this over the nearby Ocean Pointe Villas since the latter are undergoing renovation at this time.

Just wondering if any "Insiders" have stayed at either facility recently, and if so, what was your experience?

* Hoping hurricane season will be over by that time! Might opt for vacation insurance....

Thanks,

Fred

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Singer Island Riviera Beach, Florida, USA
Marriott Vacation Villas
  • Re: Marriott Vacation Club Villas - Ocean Palms, Singer Island, FL
    flyingsouth Platinum

I've been to both, and much prefer Oceana Palms.  The units are huge, and even the side units all have terrific views of the ocean.  Since it is a vacation club there are activities such as water aerobics and bingo, but not as many as offered at Ocean Pointe.  Oceana Palms sits on a beautiful stretch of beach, perfect for long beach walks.  Lots of things to do in the area....weve visited the Flagler Museum, Jupiter lighthouse, Sea Turtle Rescue, wandered on Clematis St, and took a kayak tour with park ranger @ MacArthur State Park just down the road.  Also a ton of great restaurants....we love Johhny Longboats (walkable from OP) for breakfast, Rocco's Tacos and Cool'a Fish Bar on PGA Blvd, and many others.  You are going to have a terrific time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sdcinok Gold 1 Reviews

Fred,

My wife and I just got back from spending 4 nights at Ocean Pointe last week.  Had a really great time.  The only "construction" I saw was some workers replacing TV's in rooms.  Didn't see anything else.

Ocean Pointe was great.  Very nice, very relaxing.  Great place to take a family.  Nice pools, easy access to the beach.  The activity staff did a great job of providing entertainment during the day.  Live music around the pool side bar most nights.

We also visited Oceana Palms one day.  Much more "glitzy" kind of place.  Pretty new.  Had much more of a "wow" factor to it as a resort.  The rooms are stunning.  If it is just you and your wife going, I think you'd enjoy Oceana Palms more.

As others said, lots of eating and site seeing options in the area.  We enjoyed the Sunday brunch buffet on the water at nearby Sailfish Marina.  After we ate, we took a site seeing cruise with them that was a nice 90-minute on the water tour of Palm Beach island.

I think you've chosen well, you'll have a great visit.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Definitely Oceana Palms -- you've made the right choice.   Last February my husband & I stayed there for 6 nights and everything about it was really great.  The pool, restaurant, beach access, even the snack bar with an automated wine bar! 

I would be a bit concerned about going the end of September because that is hurricane season......but it probably will work out fine.

What I suggest is that for shopping and/or dining you take the longer ride to the Palm Beach Gardens area rather than the shorter ride to Riviera Beach.    When you leave the resort's driveway turn right and follow the road until you get to US1.  There you'll find a plethora of shops, markets, restaurants etc.

Enjoy Oceana Palms.   I think it one of the best MVC resorts. 

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

fschumpert, Aug. and Sept. are prime hurricane season (the most common months for storms), so buy trip insurance.  I don't take the hurricane shutters off until end of Nov.  They go on in June and come off in Nov., or at least that's what our insurance agent advises.  But hurricanes have been pretty rare near FL, thankfully, in recent years. And if it's really bad, usually the airlines and hotel will let you cancel or rebook.  But if it's just sort of bad or the storm has already passed leaving a mess behind that you'd rather avoid, you're probably on your own without trip insurance.   

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I stayed at both and prefer the Palms.  Newer and better views.  I was treated much better as well.  The last time at the Point, they were downright nasty to me.  I read that hurricane season was over by Nov 1 and so usually go after.  Last time I was there beginning at the end of October and it was good.  They tend to have a lot of wind that can make walking on the beach less desirable.  I just plan around it.

superchief1 Platinum

I own at both resorts and enjoy our vacations at either one. Since I get more DP points for Ocean Point, I now always use my Oceana Palms week. I find it to be a much nicer resort with excellent views from almost every villa. I would only recommend Ocean Point over Palms if you have younger children because there are a lot more activities offered there. Oceana Palms offers free beach chair usage if you pick up your own lounge chair on the beach. The beach is also wider than at Ocean Point. Oceana Palms villas and balconies are also much nicer. 

The GM at Oceana Palms is the best I have encountered, and his staff loves working for him. Many staff members have been working there since I first started staying there when the resort opened. With any place in Florida or on any US beach, there is always the possibility of a hurricane. I've been going to Florida for many years during summer/fall and was only impacted once on a riverboat cruise from New Orleans when Hugo was threatening the area. I always purchase the insurance.

I really like Singer Island because it is more peaceful than other beached along the East Coast, but is still accessible to several good restaurants and activities in the area. I'm sure you will have a great trip. .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...