3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2016 9:01 AM by jerryl RSS

Hertz Points/Status

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a President's Club from Hertz as I rent probably 40 times a year.  I probably have close to 30k points in my Hertz account that I cannot seem to spend.  I recently went to Aruba as well as Netherlands and there were no opportunities to redeem points for rentals.

I also do not seem to get many upgrades anymore.  I used to occasionally see a luxury car or SUV but now instead or a Full Size (Malibu or Altima) may get an ability on the app to go to a Maxima, Taurus or Impala.

Has anyone else had similar issues?  Is it better to switch my earning to Marriott points or airline points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hertz Points/Status
    1sandlapper Platinum

Had same problem!  Started using Avis a little over 2 years ago.  Began getting upgrades late in the first year of use.  Now I get them about 60% of the time without asking.  About 80% of the time when asking upon arrival.    

Points redemption is hit & miss, but better than Hertz in my experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I just can't see the point of car rental loyalty programs, the points accumulate so slowly and redeem for so little, if I can actually redeem them. All my rental program memberships have lapsed along with their worthless points.

I wasn't aware however I could opt to earn hotel points on car rental programs which is what I will definitely do in future. Thanks very much for pointing that option out @boomer

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Use hertz on business trips and do earn points yes slowly but do get a free rental out of it

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...