7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2016 10:24 AM by seatexan RSS

Another Reason for Insiders to be in Houston in mid-September 2016

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many of you already know that a large number of Marriott Rewards Insiders will be gathering at the JW Marriott Galleria in Houston Texas on September 16-17, 2016. In case you missed it here are links to a few of the previous announcements.

Re: Who's up for the Insiders meetup in Houston?

Insiders Meetup Hotel Announcement - JW Houston Galleria

Re: Who's attending TIPPLE in Houston on 16th & 17th Sept 2016? Here's the list

Re: Insiders Gathering - Just the Facts

Countdown to Houston - 6 months to go!

We're now down to about 5 months, and this week the Houston Texans (for our British friends, that is the American Football team in town) announced their 2016 schedule. For anyone sticking around Houston for the whole weekend, the Texans will be hosting the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, September 18. Kickoff is at noon local time (1:00pm Eastern) and the game will be televised on CBS. There are plenty of reasons to visit Houston in mid-September. Now there is one more.

While it may not be baseball, pluto77, I'm sure a few folks may be interested in going to the game (for the curious, the Houston Astros will be out of town that weekend playing my favorite team, the Seattle Mariners).

brightlybob is keeping a list of folks who have indicated they plan to join us in Houston. Being on the list does not compel anyone, it just gives us an approximate count of potential attendees. So if you haven't already, let us know if you plan to be there. Bob will update the list several more times between now and September.

If you need one more reason, don't forget that in previous years, the fall MegaBonus started on September 15. It's reasonable to assume this year will be the same, so here's a good way to get a jump on it. Also the hotel at which we'll be gathering, recently dropped from a category 6 to a category 5 property, so anyone wishing to stay on points or use up a category 1-5 certificate is in luck. Don't forget there are several other nearby Marriott properties, so if the JW fills up, try the CY or ResInn.

Come join us. Meet a bunch of the regular participants on this forum. Many will be there including our hometown buddy, IAHFLYR.

Don't' miss out. It's possible something on this scale may never happen again. You just never know.

Message was edited by: bejacob

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Another Reason for Insiders to be in Houston in mid-September 2016
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

bejacob,

Thanks for the update!

Am looking forward to seeing all!

There is nothing like Texas in September!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

So excited!  

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Good update bejacob, you beat me to the punch as I just saw the Texans schedule and was going to post it!!

Will be a fun and exciting time to meet fellow Insiders and share some great travel stories, laughs, lies and drinks.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for the update. The game would be fun but I will fly out early Sunday to go to Boston

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Great post bejacob that also serves as a timely reminder that it's now only 5-months till our TIPPLE!

So that's 5 months till

image.jpeg

When all you lucky people can meet up to discuss travel related topics - "I was at the FFI selling 8mm bolts to Chrystler when I realised I only had 7.9mm bolts to demonstrate, what a goof-up!" - or swap aviation stories like "I was at SAD going to IUD when AA opened up J and called 1k so I decided to reroute via CJD and STD so I could make 1MM"

Hmmmm, let's move on shall we... so far more pertinently enjoy a few of these

image.jpeg

And perhaps lynch him

image.jpeg

Not forgetting a few of these

image.jpeg

And of course this

image.jpeg

And after all that our featured insider SeaTexan will be elegantly holding court in her suite

image.jpeg

So much to look forward to! See you all there!