4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2010 1:02 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

What to expect @ 1-877-REWARDS??

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

On the back of my newly minted Platinum Premier is a different number for Reservations:  1-877-REWARDS (1-877-739-2737) which is now programmed into my smart phone.  Since the printed collateral that came with the card is identical to Platinum Elite, what can one expect that will the same or be different?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What to expect @ 1-877-REWARDS??
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

TJC:

Now you gave away the 'secret' number!  Actually there is a cadre of folks in SLC who deal with Platinum members as well as Platinum Premiers.  Most if not all are very good at listening, and taking action on problems.  Many are long time Marriott veterans, as well as other call centers.  I have found that with few exceptions they can answer and respond to any problem.

Congratulations on making it to the top!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Ironically, you found the ONE difference: the dedicated phone number (IMO the PP desk does seem to treat us better than "regular reservations")"

What! No secrect handshake? 

left-hand

pltnmprincess Platinum

OK, so I have called this new number twice already and the answer to both my questions was "NO". 

Question 1:  Can I change my megabonus promotion from 20/25 night for 35k/50k pts to the 10 stay/2500pts per stay option?

Question 2:  Can I use additional points or pay the difference to include a package offered by the hotel where I am using points for a stay?

Part of the problem is that this is a reservations line and if you need help with something other than reservations, they have to put you on hold and contact another department.  I have since called the regular platinum guest services line and had the answer changed on question 1.  Not sure if #2 is doable but it was worth asking.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Interesting Princess.  I called specifically about the RHP promotion with the $50 credit per night.

1-Does Wentworth-by-the-Sea participate in RHP?

2-Does Renaissance Patriot Place participate in RHP?

Although both properties have spas and offer dining venues where the $50 credit/bonus bucks might easily apply for a Valentines Day getaway, neither participate.  In both cases, the agent had to check with the revenue manager at the respective property involving 'wait' time.   According to the PP agent, the list of participating hotels is pending.  Not sure how that helps the agent book reservations no matter what Elite status calls in.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...