1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 13, 2016 7:21 AM by bejacob RSS

using points for staying nights = nights/stays counting to level?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I tried to use forum-search, but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I have booked 3 nights at a hotel in Germany, using points.

(25.000 points fhtor stay of approx. 130 - 150 euro/night).

questions:

1) will these nights c.q. this stay, count to my nights/stays for this year for reaching the threshold of maintaining my elite level?

2) will I get points for the stays (including choice of extra points, due to my elite level)?

3) what is a good "conversion rate" regarding points/price; 25k points for a 130/150 euro/night stay seems a bit much

4) can I also use points for things like car parking costs (at booked hotel some 22 euro/day), etc.?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: using points for staying nights = nights/stays counting to level?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Not sure I know all the answers, but I'll share what I do.

1) Yes. Relatively new, but redeemed nights do now count toward maintaining status.

2) Yes. Platinum arrival points as well as ports for additional spending (depending on the brand).

3) Most members like to get a USD value of $0.01 per point (i.e. 25k points redemption at $250 or more). Other factors might be considered (current points balance, ongoing promotions, etc.)

4) Not sure. I've never tried to use points for anything other than the room rate. Some places will let you earn points for parking, other not. I know there are some ways you can use points for things other than the room rate, but if I recall, in general the value is not very good.

I have no doubt others will chime in with additional comments (and corrections if I misstated anything).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...