21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2016 2:39 PM by monisame RSS

using a free night certificate = counting as night stay for level?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I tried to use the forum-search, but I didn't find what I was looking for

I will use a free night certificate to stay in a Marriott hotel;

will this stay count as a "stay" and/or "night" which counts to my year and/or life time total?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: using a free night certificate = counting as night stay for level?
    bctg77 Platinum 6 Reviews

Yes, it will count.  They started to count this year.  Nice change and I just used a couple of cert's last month and they counted as nights, no problem.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

j&c Platinum

Count as nights, not as stays. Promotions specify "paid stays." C

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi j&c.  Great question!  You will still receive elite night credit for your redemption stays, however these stays will not count towards promotions like the MegaBonus.  The elite night credits are credit good towards achieving the next status level.  Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions.

monisame Platinum

Glad to hear that now certs counts!!! In the past they did not. .

ramoneur Platinum

...so my free night was posted now;

I only got the 500 points and a night for my stays amount

no other bonus points, or points for staying

I am curious to see how my 3 nights on points will be processed;

will I get the bonus (2000 per stay) or points?

Hi ramoneur.  Wanted to clear things up a bit.  If you are referring to the 2,000 bonus points from the Summer Global Promotion, you are only eligible to receive the bonus on paid nights.  If you are referring to a different bonus and are curious, send me additional details and I can provide additional clarity.

ramoneur Platinum

summer global promotion

is using points also counted as "paid"?

Great question, ramoneur.  When using points for a stay, it is not counted as a Paid night.  It is counted as a Redemption stay and therefore it would not be eligible to earn the bonus points for the promotion.  However, when completing redemption stays, you will still earn Elite Night Credits which count towards achieving the next status level and your overall Lifetime Nights. 

luckymefl Gold

I had to call to get my night posted to my account since they did not post it.  not points when I used the redemption, just the credit for the night.  I paid for my second night so it counted as a "stay" also :-)

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

This is a great addition.  I have already received credit for the free night certificate that was connected to the Spring Mega Bonus.  I was surprised to see that while I did not receive room points (did not expect it), I did receive 200 Platinum points for my check-in choice. 

sofine40 Silver

I used my free night certificate in Pigeon Forge TN two weeks ago.  The key is, there is a set hotel category depending on your points, status and badges.  I called Marriott reservation and they were very helpful and helping me determine which hotel I could go during the dates I needed.  Because I am Silver Elite, I was in a CAT5 hotel. (Still very nice). The certificate was sent to the hotel the day I made my reservation. When I checked out, I had to only pay for one night stay and I still received stay points.

getfloppytreats Silver

I am looking to use some points for a trip to HK in November.  Will it count as a stay for my elite status?  I want to make sure I will get the two nights credited towards my status, I am close to Gold and would just pay if it would not count.  From reading the comments it sounds like it would, but I won't earn any points or bonus points off the stay (which I am fine with).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...