4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2016 9:55 AM by bejacob RSS

Scam Survey? - BEWARE!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just got an email survey request similar to the one mentioned in Thanks, but no thanks. (text below with links removed).

We invite you to take part in a survey about hotel stays.  Your participation will provide valuable information that will help better serve your needs for future stays.

We have commissioned Radius Global Market Research, an independent market research firm, to conduct the survey with a select group of travelers.  Be assured this study is for research purposes only and your responses will remain confidential. At no time will you be asked to purchase anything, and no one will contact you as a result of your participation.  The survey will only be available for a limited time, so please complete the survey as soon as possible. 

If you qualify and complete this 15-minute survey, you will receive 500 Marriott Rewards points toward future hotel stays.

To access the survey, click on the address below (if that doesn't work for you, copy and paste the text into your browser's address bar).

<survey link removed>

This email has been sent to you by Radius Global Market Research on behalf of Marriott International to get your opinions about your hotel stays. If you no longer wish to receive notifications such as this one, please email:

<email link removed>

If you wish to find out more about Radius Global Market Research, please visit <website link removed>

Looks like a scam. Radius Global Market Research appears to be a legitimate company, but then scammers would want us to think so (I googled them to see what I could find out).

Three thoughts. First, if Marriott wants to do an independent survey, they should notify members with an official email letting us know a survey will be coming from whatever company they hired. Second 500 points for a 15-minute survey is right on the edge of being enticing. Easy gain for little effort. Third, I never click on links embedded in an email even from companies with which I have an established relationship.

I love points and would be happy to complete surveys to get them. Clearly companies know this and will try to take advantage of that.

UPDATE: Though this has all the earmarks, this is not a scam survey (see comments below by the community moderators).

Message was edited by: bejacob

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Scam Survey - BEWARE!
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks so much for posting this, bejacob! I'm passing this on so that we can confirm whether this is a scam or not. Appreciate you bringing this to the communities attention!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks lindseyh.

All Marriott has to do is let us know in advance that some of us could be selected to do a survey for X company.

These days any email with links inside coming from someone I don't know I assume to be spam. It's a shame it has to be that way, but better safe than sorry.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi bejacoblindseyh took a look into this for you and we we can confirm that this is a legitimate survey. 

Good to know. It would be nice if Marriott let us know in advance so we don't risk clicking on dangerous links.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...