9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2016 9:08 AM by peymanagement RSS

Does anyone have experience with the AC Bella Sky in Copenhagen

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have a meeting within half a km of the hotel and client says I can walk, and the place looks pretty interesting, but I am interested about the hotel and availability of public transport. The hotel provides a hotel shuttle for 15 DDK which is nothing, but will I be stuck out there using taxi's to get around? Also what are the sites of Copenhagen I should take in with a limited timeframe.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Copenhagen, Denmark AC Hotels by Marriott AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen
  • Re: Does anyone have experience with the AC Bella Sky in Copenhagen
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi peymanagement,

I hope someone is able to shed some light on an experience they've had at the AC hotel! I  thought you might find these recent threads helpful at least with Insiders that have visited Copenhagen:

The Center of Scandinavia….comment on this post and you could earn points

Re: Tell me about Marriott Copenhagen

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fistuk Platinum

You'd probably be better looking on TripAdvisor:

A lot of people there elaborate on everything you asked here.

peymanagement Platinum

Thanks fistuk. I did look at tripadvisor and got some good stuff, but I find tripadvisor full of one and done's  so would was hoping to get someone on here who actually stayed at the hotel. I will likely take jerrycoin advice, but the hotel looks good on the website,

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stay at The Marriott!

It is a wonderful hotel, just a short walk from the train station and has a fantastic CL!

Just a thought!

peymanagement Platinum

Thanks jerry, I am usually inclined to stay at the Marriott, but it is six of one and half dozen of the other as I have to be out there for an 8 o'clock meeting for the whole day.

7 Gold 1 Reviews

I have not stayed in that hotel, but I was in Copenhagen last weekend so hopefully I can help a little.

Just looking at it on Google Maps the Bella St. Metro stop is just at the end of the street so you can definitely get around by Metro. You can take the train from the airport to Ørestad and then take the Metro one stop to get to your hotel. They have a City Pass for 24hrs (80DKK) or 72hrs (200DKK) that gives you unlimited transport on all the bus, train, and metro within Zones 1-4 (basically covers you from the airport and all around the city). You can buy it online here and they will SMS it to your phone so I got it for the convenience of not having to worry about it.

We did a 1hr canal tour which was quite cheap, but you had to sit inside where you can't see very well out of the cloudy plexiglass or outside where you couldn't hear the tour guide (we chose the latter). We went with Nettobadene so you might try the other company as their boats looked a lot nicer (clear windows if you sat inside) but I'm not sure of their costs. It was nothing super great, but it was cheap and we got to see several things and it was fun way to kill an hour. It did go by The Little Mermaid so we just saw it from behind on the boat rather than going out there to see it.

Be ready for everything else to be quite expensive. The demitasse mug set at Starbucks that we collect was $22 which is almost double the previous highest we've paid for them (a tall latte or hot chocolate was about $7).

I went by Tivoli, but it was closed and scheduled to open April 6. Might be interesting if you want to see one of the oldest amusement parks in the world.

We saw Amelianborg from the boat and it looked really nice so I wish we'd gotten there on foot. Also wish we'd made it to Rosenborg Slot and the parks/gardens around there.

We only had a 20hr layover, so we stayed at an airport hotel and only actually spent a few hours in the city. Went to Nyhavn and took the canal tour. Walked the Stroget pedestrian street (super crowded on Sunday and not worth it IMHO). I've heard the National Museum is nice and the Design Museum looked pretty cool.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...