17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2016 10:59 PM by homoviator RSS

What shuttle companies to use

lindaliulo Member
Currently Being Moderated

I love the ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft but in most airports those services are not allowed, the other day I had to take the airport shuttle lax with the first company available, which services do you use when you can't use your apps?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Niagara Falls, Canada
  • Re: What shuttle companies to use
    drlandrum Silver

Well I'm in Arizona and use "the Parking Spot" all the time.   I call as soon as I get off the plane and they are there.  I have never waited more than two minutes for them.   Also when dropping my vehicle off (nothing but covered parking) they pick me up and take me immediately to the airport even if i'm the only one leaving at that time.   They help with my luggage and everything.   I understand Parking Spots are in many states.   Good luck.   I was with a friend recently in Las Vegas and we tried to do Uber and could never figure out where they wanted us to go to meet them.   So we cancelled and were charged $19.00 for nothing.   We finally took a taxi to the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

seatexan Platinum

I went in Sept of last year to Vegas and the cab lady told us that Uber was not allowed to pick up from the airport. I am not sure when you went.  It is legal now, but they have some rules... This might be helpful!

http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/uber-vegas-airport-costs/

georgecurios Member

Yeah dude airport parking is the best choice for me to specially when its off-airport its way cheaper I use long term parking phx the rates are affordable and the shuttle to the airport is always on time, i highly recommend it.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

georgecurios,

Hey dude, that "dude" isn't a dude unless you want tag an "tte" to the end of dude.  DrLandrum is a dudette!

georgecurios Member

Dam! my Bad

seatexan Platinum

Most of the time you have to look at someone's profile to even tell.

peymanagement Platinum

I used Supershuttle a few times in LA and it worked fine for me. 19 dollars to Anaheim from LAX. It is all through the US I believe.

drlandrum Silver

The only reason I don't like supershuttle is because they make way too many stops.   Ok, perhaps I should just relax and breathe but I can't.   I have not used them is at least 12 years.  Perhaps they've gotten better.

peymanagement Platinum

Ya, I am pretty laid back, so don't notice that too much. I think the worst I did was bet the fourth stop, but was first once. If I am in a hurry I will always take a cab, Never Uber as I do not believe in it,

drlandrum Silver

I'm curious, what's the reason you don't believe in Uber?

peymanagement Platinum

My reasoning is I fundamentally believe that laws and regulations are put in place to support public safety, Uber is a work around laws and regulations, at least up here

. The article from this morning is just one example.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2016/04/08/niagara-police-charge-20-uber-drivers.html

Location Brand Hotel
            Niagara Falls, Canada
              vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I would disagree with the statement that Uber is trying to bypass laws established for public safety.  The Uber Rating system is clear evidence that safety is a big concern for them. I've taken many Uber rides and have been really happy with the service I received. Most drivers are friendly, outgoing, and maintain much nicer vehicles than a cab.  On a more recent Uber ride I felt the driver was driving a little faster than he should have as he sped over a couple of speed bumps which made for a bumpy ride.  At the end of the ride instead of giving him 5 stars I rated him 3 stars and immediately Uber prompted me for to enter a reason for the lower rating.  About 20 minutes later I received the following email:

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reporting this, and I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. I understand that when you request a ride with Uber, you trust that your driver will get you to your destination safely and comfortably.

We have a certain set of quality and safety standards that we expect all of our driver-partners to meet. Fast driving does not sound like those standards were upheld, and it’s important that we know of a concern like this so we can review whether the partner should continue to have access to the system.

I have recorded this on your driver's profile and have made sure you will not be paired with the same driver again. In addition, we can take appropriate action and help ensure your next ride with Uber is a better one.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Akshay

https://help.uber.com/

peymanagement Platinum

vaboywnder Honestly I do not feel strongly about this but you took my reply to the Doc out of context. I said,

"Uber is a work around laws and regulations, at least up here" and I attached an article from this morning's paper here that twenty of their drivers were charged yesterday who violated our highway traffic laws and in one case a driver was not licensed and another was a convicted criminal. Our regulation as it is in the UK, requires taxis and limos to be licensed, Uber is not so it is a workaround of our laws up here.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Uber is now allowed at LAX.  You should have no problem using the service there.  In other cities where Uber may not be allowed at airports I do research ahead of time because transportation companies varies by locality.  

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I don't use Uber. Nothing against it but I'm rarely in a big city where it is commonly used. I use a private limo service to and from the airport. Not interested in a van with 12 other people. I live far enough from SFO that the couple of times I tried a shuttle I was the first one picked up, van made half a dozen stops, took 2 hours longer to get to the airport than a limo. When I was working for a big company they allowed that kind of expense without an issue. And as an independent consultant I included that on my expense billings and have never had an objection.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

I typically just catch a taxi.  Immediately available, straight to destination, in private.  Granted it's more expensive but I've never seen low cost as a justification for purchasing much of anything.

homoviator Platinum

depending on when and where I arrive, I use a taxi or Blacklane. Blacklane is probably always more than taxis, but I've gotten a bit spoiled with Uber and Blacklane. I've had a few really smelly, icky taxis and if it's late at night or an early arrival, I feel like Blacklane is more likely to follow through.  They are very good on international flights when I'm discombobulated. They use nicer cars have professional drivers and provide some bottles of water in the car. The fee is flat so you know how much you are paying. No surprises when you can't think straight.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...