6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2016 9:55 AM by paul-il RSS

electronic hotel bills aren't electronic hotel bills!

paul-il Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Why does the option for email our bills not send us our bills electronically?

Someone at Marriott decided to put all the information into the text of the email, making it impossible to use the email for expense reports.  What should have been a nice feature has been turned into an annoying one.  I can't submit the email as is, and if I convert it into a pdf, I can't use it because it's an email message with all kinds of irrelevant junk and headers.

The pdf we can get off the website by going to our accounts is the only way to get a real electronic bill.  Why can't this be sent as an attachment???

I guess this is a request more than a question.

Please let us sign up to get our bills electronically!

thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: electronic hotel bills aren't electronic hotel bills!
    etwhite Platinum

I'm right there with you.  The eFolio they used to send out looked like what you can print from the Website.  The new email eFolio is worthless.....  I'm not sure why they changed it.  Maybe if enough folks complain, they will change it back.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Whilst Im fine with this as the emails do have all the legally required info for accounting purposes and as I'm self-employed there's no privacy issues with all the what-not info that comes with printing off an email, I'd be very irritated if I was employed and therefore needed to submit a formal folio for expenses.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Always submit the copy that they put under the door since the e mail comes 3-6 days later so only pay attention to insure I get credit for the night. Will pay more attention to see this concern

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

@paul-il, this is a huge annoyance for me.  I'm signed up for automatic efolios, but I often don't get them and when I do it takes days.  Sometimes I never get them and have to call MR to get them, then they have to put me on hold and call the hotel.  Ugh.  Some properties still do the old fashioned under the door paper invoice, but they are few and far between these days.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Agree all don't put under the door but I then go to front desk at checkout to get a receipt. I like to submit my expenses reports the next day vs waiting until I get the e mail or at times never get the email .

paul-il Gold

My company, a large defense contractor, requires both a digital copy and a hard copy.  With a digital copy, it can just be printed.  But with a hard copy, I have to scan it, and then transfer that through multiple hops across multiple machines.  It's inconvenient and time consuming.

Of course I can go online and get the efolio, but that defeats the purpose of having an email option.  Plus that takes longer than just forwarding an attachment that I already have in the mail system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...