4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2016 4:02 PM by jm1991 RSS

READ THE FINE PRINT... PAID FOR 5 DAYS INSTEAD OF 2

191673047 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I was very disappointed with the customer service I received at the Marriott - Carson City... Booked my reservation on-line for 3 days, however, flights out of Toronto were cancelled  due to ice storm  - on stand by - arrived for a business trip in Reno the next day after being re-routed several times. Stayed for 2 days as I arrived the next day.  Upon receipt of my credit card invoice, I was charged for 5 days... Folks that is paying $934.02 for a two night stay...My fellow travellers, beware, this hotel has a policy that if you do not call - whatever the circumstances are, you still have to pay!!  Had I known this, I would have called... So folks.. read the fine print and beware...(When I showed up the next day, If I was informed that I had to pay for 2 days again, I would have left. Very poor customer relations!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: READ THE FINE PRINT... PAID FOR 5 DAYS INSTEAD OF 2
    peymanagement Platinum

So if I understand, you had a three night reservation, you were delayed at YYZ for the first night because of the storm but fulfilled your reservation for the remaining 2 nights and were charged 5 days (the 3 days cancellation plus 2 more). That may be correct, but it is just not right.

I think you are a first time poster, you need to take this up the line. There are other avenues to get your dispute resolved, Have you started with calling the customer service number on your card and raising your concern. The mods on here may also be able to help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eddiec Gold

I Completely agree. Undue delays caused by Mother Nature should be sufficient to justify some form of amnesty. It's customer service at its best. Now I am confident the Marriott folks will make mends for others' misdeeds. best of luck.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi 191673047,

Thank you for the post, and sorry to hear that you were charged for 5 days. I've gone ahead and sent you a private message so I can obtain more information and make our team aware of the situation. Also, we suggest that you change your username to be something other than your Rewards number as that should remain private. Thanks again, I look forward to receiving a message from you!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

That doesn't sound right but in either case if you are ever delayed and will not be arriving the 1st night before they run night audit usually like 2 or 3am but are planning on being there eventually, it is best to call or the hotel will assume you will not be coming and cancel your whole reservation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...